Bud, a Bong and Bears

Maya Rivers
- next day

"We're here!" I hear jay yell. "Oh one minute" I quickly shove all my tissues in the bin, wipe my eyes and get back on the sofa sitting up.

"So..." Romell walks in, Jesus I've never seen them so awkward. "Hi Maya" jay sits beside me with a bag in his hand.

"What's up guys?" I look between them. "Oh you know nothing really-"

"Maya we don't know what to do. Shawn 911'nd us and we don't know what to do. We don't know how to deal with you when you're heartbroken and erm it's weird seeing you like this Maya-"

"Fuck sake jay, you just blurted it all out" Romell sighs cutting jay off.

"Shawn texted you guys?" I ask looking between them. "Yeah, he said to come check on you. We all know you won't say anything and want to appear as strong as possible but I hate to break it to you... you have a tissue in your bra" Romell shrugs and sits down.

I look down and pull the tissue out putting it in the bin. "Wanna tell us what happened?" Jay asks pulling me into a side hug.

"He broke up with me because I deserve someone- someone who loves me- me one hundred percent and-and... that's not him" I burst out into tears holding jay.

"Fuck" jay mumbles. He pats my back like I was a dog. "There, there Maya. It's okay" he says like a robot.

"I said we can be friends after a week... I can't- cant even look him in his beautiful eyes. I-... I love him" I start crying even louder.

"Maya look at me" Romell sits on the other side of me. I sniffle moving away from jay. "He's right you deserve better, someone who loves you. You're fucking Maya Rivers, the best god dam woman on this earth, except my mother and jays and yours. But you're fucking amazing, yes you love him but it'll fade. You need time and some good ass company and that's me and jay, now show her the bag jay" Romell claps at the end.

"That- that was so motivational. You should be a motivational speaker" I pat Romells shoulder sniffling.

"Okay my turn" jay exclaims and grabs the bag. "Here's my motivation Maya, you need this bomb ass bubblegum shit drink that you like, you need these strawberry laces because they make you happy, need to watch pitch perfect one, two and three. Also here's a lighter, some bud, a bong and bears, gummy bears" jay finishes.

"Not that motivational but it'll work" I chuckle sadly.

"I'm not done" jay shakes his head.

"You need to forget him as a boyfriend. Yes he might've had perfect hair that's so soft and curly and voluminous and shiny like all the time-"

"Jay stop talking about his hair" Romell cuts him off. "Sorry, I'm kinda jealous of his hair" jay shrugs.

"Forget his nice teeth, movie star face and beach body because he doesn't define you. You're Maya fucking Rivers! Bad bitch who looks amazing in red! You have a YouTube channel missy, you have fans! We can't disappoint the fans, now get your act together Maya because I also don't like seeing you cry" he finally finishes.

"I love you guys" I put an arm around each of them and pull them in. "But before I get my shit together let me have my sad night and let me cry when Beca pushes away Jesse" I say.

"Who the fuck is that?" Romell asks.

"From pitch perfect duh" I shrug, they both chuckle.

"Have your sad night Maya. You deserve happiness, you really do" jay sighs resting his head in my shoulder and Romell copies.

I sigh even louder and sit back. "He never will love me will he" I say quietly.

"He's gonna realise it now you're gone. Mark my words Maya" Romell says. "Now start the movie, I love when they try out for they have the riff off" jay claps excitedly. I chuckle playing the movie.

I was so incredibly grateful for them. We all need good friends and I and them.

-
Unknown
Hey it's Tom
Are you doing anything tomorrow?

"Tom? Princeton Tom?" Jay asks.

"Yes" I nod. "It's a no right? I just got out of a relationship with Shawn" I sigh.

We were in the kitchen, Romell was cooking, me and jay were taking turns hitting the bong.

"Yeah maybe another time" Romell shrugs. "I should fuck him" I say grabbing the bong.

"Woah" jay chuckles. "I should. I need a good fuck" I blow out the smoke passing it back to jay. "You don't need that Maya" jay shakes his head.

"Ah I'll leave it. I'll tell him I'm busy. He's bound to go back to Princeton some time" I shrug.

"Exactly" jay nods. "I need to fuck Shawn" I blurt out. Romell and jay stop and look at me.

"We were really active and I miss him" I sigh taking another hit.

"Jesus Christ Maya, you're a hungry and horny high" Romell chuckles. "No, I miss him. I should text him" I grab my phone.

"You wouldn't" Jay shakes his head.

Me
Hi Shawn
I'm over it. We're friends
Jay and Romell are having a party on Wednesday
You're invited and your friends

Shawn
Hey Maya
Good, friends is good.
I'll be there

Me
Good

Shawn
Okay

Me
Fine

Shawn
See you then

Me
u will because I'll be there

Shawn
Good. Gotta go babe x

Me
EH !!!!!

Shawn
Sorry did mean that. Habit
See you Wednesday Maya.

Me
See you then

"Oh my god she did it" jay looks over my shoulder. "You guys need to have a party on Wednesday! I demand it" I chuckle.

"The things we do for you Maya. Just promise us you won't throw yourself at him" Romell sighs.

"I promise" I nod.