Giardino Giusti

Maya Rivers
-March 14th, Italy Verona

The past month for myself and Shawn was so peaceful. We had no wedding stress which I was thankful for. Shawn had expressed his love to me in so many different ways, bringing me flowers, making dinner, randomly telling me he loves me and those moments mattered the most.

He also claimed the past month was the hardest for him which I understood, we were sexually active and this was hard for both of us. We almost broke our pact at our engagement party but it was Shawn who stopped and reminded me.

And now I can tell everyone that Italy is beautiful in March. We arrived early morning and we couldn't sleep so we stayed up drinking wine, not enough to be drunk though, we watched the stars from our balcony and just enjoyed being with each other.

The butterflies in my tummy were wide awake, even his look made me feel such a powerful love. The skin on skin contact was electrifying and nothing less.

"Are you ready?" Shawn asks. "Hmm, I don't want you to go though" I sigh placing my hands on his bare chest.

"But I'll go and you'll come to me" he kisses my forehead. I nod hugging him before he leaves, we decided to keep at least one thing traditional and we got changed separately and I'd meet Shawn there.

I got ready, I was nervous but not enough to be shaking. He made me calm and the thought of marrying Shawn made me tranquil and my mind at peace. I want this so much.

I took just a few minutes, sat at the edge of the bed relaxing when Shawn shot me a text.

Shawn
Waiting for you Maya Rivers

Me
I'm coming Shawn Mendes

He was calling me by my full name, I wouldn't have it anymore after today and he was saying it all the time. In a few hours I'll be Maya Rivers Mendes.

"Giardino Giusti please" I say getting into the taxi. It around ten minutes to get there an when I finally did the whole place was empty.

"I've never seen it empty" the driver says. I chuckle knowing Shawn probably paid a lot to have the whole gardens to ourselves.

"Thank you" I get the taxi. I walk on the pebbled ground to a hedge where a note was.

Hi gorgeous
Follow the signs
I love you

My heart fluttered. I took the note and followed the arrows around the beautiful gardens, filled with perfectly cut grass, statues and flowers.

The arrows stopped and I looked not seeing Shawn. "Shawn!" I call.

"Turn around Maya!" He chuckles. I turn seeing him.

I cock my head to the side waving at him. "Hi Maya"

"Hi Shawn" I giggle. "You ready?" He asks. I nod and start walking down the pathway, keeping my eyes on him.

As I finally reach him he takes my hand pulling me towards him. "You're a complete angel" he twirls me around.

"Shawn, Maya are we ready to begin?" The pastor asks. We nod, Shawn takes my hands and we begin the ceremony.

All through I couldn't stop smiling, I couldn't stop looking into his shining eyes.

"I do" Shawn says.

"Maya Rivers do you take Shawn Mendes to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do"

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride"

Shawn pulls me in by waist and his hands go to my face. I lean into him pressing my lips against him, I start smiling against his lips then I pull back.

"Thank you so much" Shawn thanks the pastor, I do too then he leaves us.

"Hi Maya Mendes" Shawn grins holding my waist he pulls me to sit at the edge of a fountain. Taking my hands in his and our legs touch.

"I have something I need to say to you" he says. I nod and he pulls out a folded piece of paper.

He clears his throat and looks straight at me.

"Maya, I promise to be honest, faithful and understanding. I promise to value your opinion, to be the best version of myself for you, to hold and protect you and love you with all I have. I- I'm never going to stop loving you because the purity of it, the sheer bliss and passion it brings, our love is what keeps me going. I love you Maya, as my best friend, my love, my partner and wife" he finishes by taking my hand and kissing my knuckles as I let out a a few tears.

"That was- was everything I wanted to hear" my voice coming across as a whisper.

I press my forehead against his, our noses nudges against each other.

"My turn" I clear my throat. I reach into my bra taking out the paper. "Sorry" I chuckle.

Shawn laughs taking my hand.

"Okay. Shawn Mendes, the most handsome person I've laid my eyes on, I want you to know that you have my endless love, my everlasting devotion, respect and honesty. I'm so grateful for the day you saved me from crashing in the cart and staying with me and doing the overnight challenge. And I love you, I can't pinpoint the exact moment I fell in love with you but I know it was a collection of moments, moments of intimacy and love. I will never get sick of saying it, I love you as my best friend, my lover and husband"

"Maya" he whispers wiping his tears. "Don't" I shake my head using my thumb to wipe his cheeks.

He stays silent tucking his head into the crook of my neck. He holds me close and I hold onto him, like he was my life.

After a few minutes he pulls back and takes my hand standing up. "Let's walk"

I nod standing up. I lean my head against his shoulder, i hold his hand with both of mine and we walk down the beautiful gardens.

"You look beautiful" he pulls me out and twirls me around, again and again till I lean back in placing my hands on his chest smiling up at him.

"And you look so handsome" I run my finger down his jaw. "Shawn" I say.

"Yes Maya?" He rubs his hands down my sides. "Let's go back to the hotel" I say kissing up his jaw.

"Or we can stay here. I paid to have this whole place for us and we have... an hour left" he looks down at his watch. "Here?" I ask.

"Hmm" he nods placing a gentle hand at my neck to tilt my head. "And no one will see us?" I ask.

"Nope. Now can I make love to my gorgeous wife?" He asks. "You sure can" I giggle jumping up in his arms.

-
The end
Love u all for voting, reading, commenting, just in general being amazing!
Thank u xo

For real this time and I'm so sad, thank u for reading I love you all ❤️

Okay I'm kidding there's more 😎