Hold This In

Maya Rivers
- 3 weeks later, March 17th

"Like you want a baby?" I ask.

"Yeah I mean, why not? We're doing so good and I love him Maya" Laurie says. "I mean yeah that's amazing, Romell is amazing is and so good with kids" I smile at her.

"Are you gonna tell him?" I ask her sipping on my iced tea. "Yeah obviously, we've been together for two years and I want this now" she chuckles excitedly. "But how do I bring it up?"

"Well he's a pretty chill guys just say it, better now than never" I shrug. "I'll tell him tonight but there's a fifty percent chance I'll be staying at yours so tell Shawn" she says.

"I'm sure you'll be fine, he loves you Laurie" I tell her.

"What about you Maya? No babies?" She asks.

I think for a second and I stop drinking my iced tea and my eyes go wide.

"You look like you've just seen a ghost" she chuckles. "Laurie I haven't had my period" I tell her.

holy shit.

"Woah but you're on the pill" she tells me looking just as concerned as me. "Yeah but Shawn went for a month and I got my period for like three days, like real bad and I was a mess remember? I didn't take them"

Laurie takes my hand gently. "When was the last times you had sex?" She asks me.

"Erm when he left and when he came back almost everyday" I tell her honestly knowing she won't judge me. "Laurie I-"

"It's okay. Come on" she stands up. I stand up with her and she drives me to the pharmacy. "You'll have to go in, someone might see me" I tell her. She nods getting out the car but quickly turns back. "You'll be okay Maya" she smiles at me.

I nod waiting for her. I don't know how I feel about it. Does Shawn want a baby? I mean I would've liked it to be planned but I'll d anything for a child of mine.

"Okay, I got three just in case. Now you're gonna go home take the tests, if you're not you don't need to tell Shawn but if you are then you will have to. Breathe okay, we're all here for you and Shawn loves you, there's no way he'll neglect this" Laurie says.

"Thanks Laurie" I smile looking down at the tests.

She drives me home and gives me one last pep talk before I leave. I shove the tests in my back and open the door.

"Shawn?" I shout. "I'm here" he shouts back.

"So are we!" A group yells. I walk into the living room seeing Shawn's friends sat around playing on the PlayStation and just hanging out.

"Hi love" Shawn comes behind me wrapping his arms me, hands going to my stomach. I instantly jump. "Woah just me" he chuckles kissing my cheek. "Hi" I chuckle pecking his lips.

"Maya do I get a kiss?" Brian makes a smooching noise. "Yeah come here" I roll my eyes.

"How was lunch?" Shawn asks me. "Good, I have to pee" I chuckle leaving his arms but he quickly pulls me back. "Come quick" he tells me pecking my lips. I nod moving away.

I go the bathroom taking my bag with me. And I sit on the toilet just staring at the test for a few minutes.

Deep breathes Maya.

I finally pee on the stick and wash my hands, it said seven minutes on the box so I placed it at the side and waited.

After three minutes I hear soft knocks at the door. "Babe are you okay?" Shawn asks.

I quickly shove the stick in my bag and close it putting it to the side. "Yeah I'm good" I open the door. "Come here" he takes my hand pulling me to the bed. He sits me side ways on his lap and pulls me down kissing me slowly. His hand on my jaw and one going up my top.

"Shawn come back! Jon's about to win!" Brian yells. I pull back and Shawn sighs. "Tonight" he winks at me. I nod standing up, he gets up and takes my hand. "You have to be my partner in Just Dance" he chuckles as we walk out.

-
"Shawn have you seen my phone?" I shout. "No" he yells back. "Can you check for me please!"

"Yeah, take my phone and ring it"

"Where's your phone?" I chuckle. "In my jacket!"

I go over to the wardrobe and find his denim jacket digging into the pocket, earphones, receipt and not his phone. I look around then spot a blue Tiffany's bag on the floor.

What? I lean down looking inside and oh my god, it was a blue velvet box, a ring box?

"Have you rang it?" He shouts. I quickly shove the bag back and find his phone in his other jacket. I unlock it ringing my phone.

"Oh I can hear it!" He yells. I hear him rustling around then the ringing stops.

"Found it! It was in your bag" he says.

Okay now I'm about to pass out. I hold onto the side praying he didn't find the pregnancy test. And what about the ring? I mean I didn't see it, so it doesn't matter right? And why was it out in the open?

I walk out and Shawn hands me my phone putting my bag down on the bed. "Your phone was hanging out your bag which was in the bathroom" he chuckles. "Thanks" I take it from him.

"Ready for bed?" He asks slipping his sweats off. "Yeah let me just put my bag away and these clothes" I quickly pick up my bag and clothes going to the wardrobe.

I look seeing the tests still there.

"Maya! Could you get me some water!" I drop the bag being scared by his voice. I kick it under the cabinet and walk out.

"Anything else?" I chuckle trying not to look suspicious. "Just you" he blows me a kiss.

I laugh walking out the room. I need some fucking water, how was I supposed to hold this in?