Pinky Promise

Maya Rivers
- 2 months later, December 14th (they've been a couple for 4 months, since sept 14th)

Shawn
Hi honey
On the way home
Are u still at the condo?

Me
Yep still here...
Waiting for you
Like I have been all day 🙄

Shawn
Sorry babe, I'm coming now
Long day today
Tell you about it after I get
my hands on you

Me
Hmmm
HURRRRYYYYYY
IM HUNGRY
BRING FOOD
I WANT STAWBERRY LACES
AND BUBBLEGUM POP

Shawn
Fine.
You're needy baby

Me
I am.
Problem?

Shawn
Nope

-
"You're back!" I shoot up from the sofa running to the door. I stop in my tracks seeing Shawn holding a huge, I mean huge bouquet of roses and of course my strawberry laces and drinks.

"Whats this for?" I ask walking up to him. He puts the bag down and wraps an arm around my waist. "Well we've been together for exactly four months now" he grins.

I honestly didn't think he'd remember.

"You look surprised" he chuckles. "I am, I just didn't think-"

"I remembered" he pecks my lips. "Thank you" I grin taking the flowers. "They're so pretty" I stare down at the in awe.

"Well a pretty girl needs pretty flowers" he takes my hand and leads me to the living room. We sit down and he puts an arm around my shoulder comfortably.

"I'm sorry I was gone so long, we began talking about next year's dates and stuff and started planning a few shows" he explains to me. Since we've been together I began to understand his job more, I could tell he loved it.

The most we've been apart was three days when he had to go Miami to meet some producers but other than that we were together a lot.

I was getting recognised more. People knew about me and Shawn, it was even surprising when he got offers to do interviews with me. I kindly declined, I could handle pictures on the internet but I wasn't ready for interviews.

As for my job/career I started a fashion blog and YouTube channel. I've posted three videos so far, a Q and A, get ready with me and one video with jay and Romell. I didn't want to post with Shawn yet, minority of people already thought I was using him and I didn't want to add fuel to the fire even though in my heart I knew I was only with Shawn for him, his kind nature, honesty, he cared for me and also his wild side when we were alone.

His wild side. Now that was something. He was almost a whole other person, he was so kind and humble in front of the cameras and believe me he is genuinely like that but when we're alone he made me feel all giddy. Sex is a big part of our relationship and I think that's okay, yes we do talk and we know a lot about each other but a lot of the times we couldn't keep our hands off each other. I enjoy when he's all touchy with me, holding my hand, a hand on my back, kisses every so often even when in public. And honestly I loved every second of it.

Also I met his family which went as good as can be. They were glad that had Shawn had 'settled' with me and this made me happy too. However he had not met my parents yet, I'm not sure when he will but whenever it will be I was sure it would be fine.

"So I've been thinking" Shawn begins.

"That's good babe" I chuckle. "Ha ha ha" he rolls his eyes. "Carry on" I tell him poking his side playfully.

"For Christmas we could go to your parents" he says. I accidentally choke on my own breath and sit up. "Woah" he chuckles patting my back.

"So I take it that's a bad idea" he says.

"No. It was just sudden and out of no where" I chuckle turning to face him. "So that's a no?" He asks hesitantly.

"No" I shake my head. "What I mean is no as in no it's not a no, like yes but I don't know-"

"Calm down babe, slowly" he chuckles.

I nod breathing in deeply. "I love that you thought of that" I begin.

"You told me you haven't seen your parents since August" he says.

"Yeah and I miss them, we call everyday or I text my mum everyday, you know that"

"Yeah but..."

"But I was thinking we could do Christmas together then have a New Years party together then fly out in the new year?" I say questionably.

"You don't want me to meet them?" He cocks his head to the side. "No no no, I want you to meet them, just in the new year" I shrug.

"Okay" he nods. "Shawn, I promise I want you to meet my parents" his green eyes meet mine. "Should I book the tickets right now?" I ask him, it seemed like he needed reassurance.

I pull my phone out when he didn't reply. He sighs and takes my phone away. "I'll do it babe" he locks my phone and takes his out. "I can pay Shawn" I take his phone.

"Just let me do it" he reaches behind me. "I can pay for mine, don't worry about it" I tell him.

"Maya, I don't mind spending money on you" he places a hand on my waist. "I know you don't but I don't want you to"

"This can be your Christmas present" he grins.

I sigh giving in knowing he's not going to stop. "Promise you won't get me anything else then" I hold up my pinky.

"Pinky promise" he links his pinky with mine making me smile. "Don't worry about me spending money on you Maya, I want to spoil my girl" he pulls me into a hug.

"You don't need to. I'm okay with just you" I speak into his shoulder. "So don't get me anything for Christmas" I tell him again.

"I won't" he kisses the top of my head.