Overnight Challenge

Maya Rivers
-7pm @ the store, September 2nd

"How much do I win?" I ask. "700" Jay replies. "700 for staying overnight at a store, give me that camera. I'll do it" I say excitedly.

"Don't get cocky Rivers" Romell hits my arm. "I got this Romell! now are you going to drop me off so I can make this YouTube video for you" I smirk. Jay and Romell look between each other then hand me the camera.

"Let's make a video then!" Jay yells.

-
"Okay so here's the plan. I'm gonna go into Costco and Jay and Romell are going to pretend to buy some stuff so we don't look dodgy then we'll find somewhere for me to hide. I've got my phone, charger and some food in my bag so I survive. So let's go!" I say in to the camera then shut if off handing it to Jay.

We get out walking into the store and jay grabs cart pushing it around. I hop in and we go around trying to find the perfect place.

Jay starts pushing faster. "I swear to god jay if you let-" I cut my self off with a scream when he pushes the cart and I go speeding down the isle. I brace myself as I see that I'm about to hit a bunch of cereal boxes.

But the cart stops.

I open my eyes slowly seeing a tall brunette holding the handles. "That was very dangerous" he chuckles.

"Hey you ruined our video!" Romell shout jogging over. The guy looks up and then back down at me. "Let me help you out" he takes out his hand.

I take his hands and he lifts me up then puts me on the ground.

"Dude you should've just left it" jay sighs. "Sorry guys I thought she was going to hurt herself" the boy says looking between jay and Romell.

"Wait... hold on, you stay there" Romell tells the boy then pulls me and jay to the side.

"I just found the perfect idea for the video" he smirks. "Oh hell no! We are not doing that again what if I died?" I exclaim.

"No not that May! That guy right there..." romell points to the brunette. We all look at him and he sends us an awkward wave. I smile back at him chuckling at how awkward he looked.

"What about him?" Jay asks folding his arms over his chest.

"That my friends, is Shawn Mendes" romells lips form a smug smile. "Like the singer?" I ask.

"Exactly Maya. The singer" he nods. "So what? Why would he want to be in our video?" Jay asks.

"We won't tell him" romell shrugs. "What the fuck romell , we can't kidnap him" I laugh.

"Jesus you guys are slow" Romell shakes his head. "Here's the plan, Maya you're doing the overnight challenge and the store closes in ten minutes. You have ten minutes to persuade the rockstar to do it with you. And me and jay can't well because you're a girl and you're hot so he'll listen to you" ken explains.

"Oh fuck, imagine how many views we'll get!" Jay exclaims "fuck it" I sigh. "But now I get 800 if I do it" I tell them.

"Ooh Maya this could also be the big story you were looking for" jay nudges me. "Maybe. Anyway let's go". We all turn around and Shawn looks up at us from his phone.

"So erm I'm jay" jay shakes his hand. "And I'm Romell" Romell also shakes his hand.

Okay time to switch on the charm Maya. "And I'm Maya" I lean up giving him a hug and his arms go around my waist touching my skin where my hoodie had raised up.

"Cool I'm Shawn" he smiles. He was extremely good looking. Way out of my league.

"Cute" I smile. "Anyway could you help me reach those..." I look around quickly.

"Those melons" jay says a bit too loud. "Right yeah the melons" I giggle. "Yeah sure" he nods chuckling a little.

Shawn walks over and I turn to jay and Romell. "I'll text you guys" I grab the camera and follow Shawn, looking back to see jay and Romell shooting me a thumbs up before they leave.

"Here's your melons" he hands me two. "Oh erm I don't need them anymore" I shake my head. "Okay" he chuckles putting them back down.

"Store is closing in five minutes"

"What's with the camera?" He asks pointing at it. "I'm filming a video" I tell him. I knew that a short response would mean he would ask a question.

"What video? In a store?" He chuckles showing me his perfect teeth.

"Yeah actually. You wanna help me?" I ask pulling my bottom lip between my teeth.

He looks me up and down then shoots me a smile. "Sure What is it?" He asks. "First promise me you'll help" maybe I was pushing me luck.

"I feel like I can trust you. So yeah I promise I'll help" he nods. I look around the store then take his wrist leading him near the back. "Help me up" I tell him looking up at the high shelves. "Okay" he nods hesitantly holding my waist gently helping me up.

I quickly turn on the camera then look down at him. "Come up" I whisper. "What the fuck no" he shakes his head.

"You promised" I whisper. He huffs then climbs up sitting beside me.

"What's the video then?" He asks. I look up at him with a grin.

"The overnight challenge" I giggle. His face drops and he shakes his head.

"The store is now closed please can all members of staff do their checks then lock up"