Over My Head

Maya Rivers
-two hours before Shawn's New Years party

I was back at my place as I had all my stuff here to get ready for the party. The last few days I had spent at Shawn's, we didn't go out as we knew we would get bombarded with paparazzi but I don't mind staying in with him, especially when he was just walking around like an underwear model all the time.

Sadly I did have to leave though. I just got out the shower and was doing my hair when Shawn texted me.

Shawn
Baby girl come in an hour
I need help with the decorations
Also want to see you
And wear something red please

Me
Okay let me get ready
Just got out the shower
Why red?

Shawn
Red is your colour honey
And I'm wearing a dark red shirt
Matching babe😊

Me
Ahaha okay I'll find something
Am I saying over?

Shawn
Is that even a question???!!
Obviously!
Stay until we leave for LA
so bring ur luggage
Text me when ur here
I'll come down and help u
Okay gotta blast
See you soon angel ❤️

Me
Gotta blast? Since when do you say that 😭😂
❤️❤️

I got changed into a dark red velvet dress, it had a plunge neckline, spaghetti straps and ended mid thigh, I paired it with black strappy heels and a short black jacket. Then I did my makeup, basic eye makeup and a dark red lip.

Once I was finally done I met with Romell and jay who were also coming to the party, they helped with my luggage and we took Romells car.

"All good in paradise?" Jay asks. "Yeah everything's good" I chuckle.

"Are you nervous about him meeting your parents?" Romell asks. "No and yes. I know they'll like him, he's incredibly charming" I shrug.

"Oooo love is in the air!" Jay sings. "Shut up" I mumble shaking my head.

"Wait... you haven't? You know... used the 'L' word" Jay asks. "No" I reply flatly.

"Do you?" Romell asks me. I take a minute to think. "I do I think or I know I'm falling in love but we've not said anything about it. Our relationship is still very playfully at the moment" I explain to them.

"Has he dropped any hints?" Jay asks and the car comes to a stop. I shake my head no. "Don't worry Maya, he'd be a fool not to. You're literally the best!" Romell offers me a smile.

"Whatever" I shrug. I get out the car and the follow. Romell grabs my luggage bag and jay gets my carry on, not letting me carry anything. 

We make it up to his place waiting for him to open the door. "Hi guys!" Shawn grins. He meets jay and Romell first and directs them to where to put the luggage.

"Holy fuck Maya!" Shawn then wolf whistles at me then takes my hand twirling me around. "You look incredible babe" he pulls me in and my hands go flat against his soft dark red shirt.

"You look handsome" I look up at him. "Love this red lip stick babe, can I still kiss you?" He asks. I nod leaning up to him. His hands run down my waist and he squeezes gently and his tongue slips in my mouth.

He hums then pulls back. "I think I should cancel the party so I can just kiss you all night" he says kissing down my neck.

"That sounds wonderful but I've been waiting for a good party" I chuckle pulling him up. "Then I'll give you a good party" he takes my hand and twirls me around again.

-

Here I was dancing with some random girls to the loud music with a drink in my hand. Shawn was sat on the sofa with his friends talking but his eyes were on me.

I made sure to catch his attention and I was succeeding. He raises an eyebrow at me when I run my hands up from my thighs to my chest making my dress go up a little. I make my way over to him giggling.

"Dance with me?" I ask him. "I don't dance" he shakes his head. "Come on, please Shawn" I pout tugging his hand. He sighs getting up then follows my lead. I begin dancing around him until he pulls me in by my waist and connects our lips, he sways my hips gently as he works his tongue against mine.

"Let's go outside, it's hot" he pulls back whispering in my ear. I nod then take his hand following him out to the free sofa.

He pulls me onto his lap and just stares up at me. "Five minutes until midnight" he tells me.

"Who's gonna be your New Years kiss?" I ask giggling, the vodka catching up to me. "Well this girl who's extremely sexy, super funny and beautiful. She's called Maya, my girlfriend" he grins tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Damn sounds like you like her a lot" I chuckle.

"I do, she's the best. My everything, she cares for me, changed me a little to be a better person, she's just amazing. Maya honey, you're amazing" he smiles at me.

"And I'm glad we're starting the new year together, I'm so fucking happy the universe made us meet other wise I would've been lost. You mean a lot to me Maya, you really do" he stares into my eyes.

The countdown then begins.

"I'm happy to have you too Shawn, you mean so much to me" I tell him.

"6,5,4..."

He stares into my eyes. Then the fireworks go off. He pulls me in for a long kiss holding my face in his large hands.

I pull back smiling at him.

"I erm I-" he cuts himself off shaking his head.

"Go on" I chuckle. I was hoping he would just say it.

"It doesn't matter" he pulls me back in for a sweet kiss. "Are you sure?" I mumble against his lips, I wasn't going to force it out of him, I just thought he was going to say it but maybe he really wasn't and I'm just over my head.

"Nothing important babe" he pecks my lips. "Happy new year Maya darling" his arms go around me hugging me tightly.

"Happy new year Shawn" I whisper closing my eyes as he holds me.

I was falling deep, I knew I was. I just wish I knew what he was thinking, he dropped no signs or clues that he loved me.

But I'll just have to deal with it. I'm happy with him and you can't force love.