Open, Honest, Respectful.

Maya Rivers
-several hours later, 9pm

I groan reaching to the side to grab my phone that rang very loudly. I closed my eyes after answering and lay back down.

"Hello?" I ask clearing my throat. "Hello is this Maya Rivers?" A female asks.

"Yes, Who is this?"

"I'm Erica, assistant of Kelly Lance, the YouTuber and influencer" she explains. "Okay how can I help?" I ask, slightly annoyed that I had been woken up.

"Well you're in LA at the moment with Shawn Mendes correct?" She asks. "Yeah" I reply dryly.

"How would you feel about a potential collaboration?" She asks. I instantly sit up and open my eyes.

"Me?" I ask a little more awake. "And Shawn too, the video idea is a Q and A with Shawn and challenges" she exclaims. "Oh, what would I be doing? I'm not included" I say confused.

"Well we wanted Shawn Mendes but couldn't get through to his team-"

"How'd you have my number?" I ask. "Online. Is Shawn available?" She asks. "No, please don't call again" I end the call now even more annoyed that I had been woken up to someone who wanted to use me to get to Shawn.

"She's awake!"

I look to the side seeing Shawn walking in. "Where'd you go?" I ask getting back in bed. "Dinner, bought you some back" he holds up the bag. "You fell asleep after like twenty minutes so we left" he shrugs.

I nod watching him as he undresses and I get up myself getting changed. "Who was on the phone?" He asks.

"Some woman, she asked for me to do a collaboration but they really just wanted you and only you. She found my number online and just called" I huff getting in bed. "Are you annoyed?" He asks hesitantly getting in beside me and opening up the food.

"I am because I was sleeping and I'm not even wanted, they called for you" I tell him truthfully.

"Well I'll have you. Just you on your own. You're gorgeous, talented, funny and my girl" he pecks my cheek. I smile a little then begin eating. "And I'm sorry for cancelling lunch today" he says. "It's okay, Rhys was there and you don't like him" I shrug.

"Don't be like that honey"

"Be like what? You don't like my friend, so what?" I say plainly grabbing a fork. "Maya-"

"Leave it I'm tired Shawn and cranky. All is forgiven" I turn to him briefly pecking his lips. "Are you sure?" He asks. I nod sitting back and eating.

-
"Woah you look gorgeous!" Shawn takes my hips turning me around to him. "Where are you going?" He asks running his hands down my sides.

"I'm having dinner with Rhys and his sister" I tell him. "Wait we have a date tonight though" he sighs.

"You didn't tell me" I say placing my hands on his cheeks. "Are you still going to go? And cancel on me?" A hint of rudeness in his voice.

"Like you cancelled on me yesterday when I actually told you about the plans and not a few hours before?" I scoff moving out of his grip. "I thought we were okay with that and I don't like Rhys, don't go Maya" he walks behind me and watches over me as I put my shoes on.

"Oh yeah I won't go because we're okay, because you don't like Rhys and because you told me not to" I say sarcastically.

"I hate when you're like this" he mumbles running a hand through his hair.

"Like what?" I ask standing up. "All moody. Why do we need to fight all the time" he takes my hand gently completely contradicting his tone of voice.

"Are you kidding me?" I step back. He looks at me dead on like he had no regrets saying whatever.

"Fine. I won't go" I shrug. "But I'm not leaving this room either" I kick my shoes off and grab my phone texting Rhys that I had to cancel.

"Fuck sake Maya" he sighs harshly sitting in front of me taking my phone looking down at it briefly. "Don't worry just telling him I had to cancel" I shoot taking my phone and placing it on the side.

"I'm not at fault here Maya" he says sternly.

"Yeah definitely not. You didn't cancel on me, say you don't like my closest friend and forbid me from going out with him and that people are thinking I'm with you for the fame and I'm using you and people think that I'm ugly and not right for you-"

"Woah woah whoa" he takes my moving hands. I let go wiping my tears from my eyes. "Stop crying Maya" he sighs.

"Yeah I'll just stop because you said so" I say through a cry. All my emotions were catching up to me, the constant hate, us fighting and the fact I have to keep in that I love him.

"Fine cry all you want but in my arms" he says gently. Moving behind me he pulls me into his chest. I turn a little and snuggle into him.

"Tell me babe, tell me everything. Remember we're open and honest and respect each other" he reminds me.

Yeah Maya, open, honest, respectful.

"I'm not using you am I?" I ask sniffling.

"No honey, you're not. You barley let me pay for anything. If anything I post a lot about you, I talk more about you" he tells me.

"Why don't you like Rhys?" I ask.

"A blind person could see he's into you Maya" he sighs. "I would never date him. He's not for me, we're good as friends and that's all" I tell Shawn honestly.

"I'm not letting you go" he kisses the top of my head. "I- I like you too much to do that"

Like.

"We have nothing to worry about Maya. Yes people will judge and we will argue but you have your bubble and I have mine. They're bulletproof bubbles. We'll combine them. I'll protect you and you protect me" he holds me tightly.

I looked up and saw the eyes I've been falling in love with. "How'd you know what to say every time?" I ask.

"Because I know you" he smiles down at me then pecks my lips.