An Angel

Maya Mendes
- 3 weeks later

Instagram
@shawnmendes

Liked by 8,718,881Shawnmendes: Alec Mendes

Liked by 8,718,881
Shawnmendes: Alec Mendes. February 4th 2024.
I ask nothing but for your respect for my family.

View comments...
User1: we all knew the baby was born. Why wait 3 weeks?
-user2: because that's what they did.

User3: I'm so happy for them! Alec is an adorable name

User4: Alec has the best parents! How is Maya?
-shawnmendes: she's wonderful

User5: how are you Shawn? How's being a dad?
-mayamendes: the best!

@mayamendes

Liked by 7,817,891Mayamendes: my lil man

Liked by 7,817,891
Mayamendes: my lil man. Also that's his side of the bed, Shawn is no longer allowed on the bed 🤷🏻‍♀️ also I'm so happy right now.

View comments
User1: I'm sobbing

User2: this is adorable!

User3: he's so tiny! How old is he? How is he?
-mayamendes: 3weeks! He's a sleepy baby, loves to eat then sleep

User4: how's it feel being a mother?
-mayamendes: like no other feeling I've ever felt.

User5: cutest thing alec has done?
-mayamendes: taking naps on daddy's chest!

-
I watch as Alec gets passed around our family friends, he was a happy baby and when he cried it was bad, good thing it wasn't often.

Shawn was sat beside me, the small baby blue blanket on his lap and he had a toy giraffe in his large hand making me smile at how soft he had became now that he was a father.

"He's so small" Romell chuckles trying to fist bump Alec. "Give him here Romell, he's my grandson" my mum says gently taking him away and cradling him.

Me and Shawn waited for a while for everyone to come over, except our parents who were over the next day and mine flew in immediately.

Shawn let's out a yawn tugging me into him by my waist. I lean on his shoulder watching Alec and my mum mum interact when he starts whimpering.

"Oh no don't cry" mum coos. "Maya make him stop" jay covers his ears. "He's not even crying" I chuckle standing up to go to mum taking Alec in my arms.

"What is it honey?" I look down at him, his big eyes looking up at me as his bottom lip quivers. "I'm gonna feed him" I say walking out the room and I feel Shawn starting to walk behind me to the nursery.

"Shawn go stay with them" I tell him. "I just need a minute" he chuckles, he was very keen on getting our alone time. He loved it just being me, him and Alec.

He sits down on the large grey chair and I sit on his lap getting comfortable enough to feed Alec.

Shawn pulls me back and my back was against his chest. I settled Alec on my chest and relaxed, the feeling was getting less weirder and much more comfortable, it was our bonding time.

"What should we have for dinner?" Shawn asks me. "I don't mind" I shrug.

"I'll ask my mum to cook, you're too tired" he puts a hand in my hair, gently massaging. "It's okay, I'll do it" I tell him.

I gently stroke the top of Alec's head. "Baby?" I ask, Shawn hums in response.

"Isn't he perfect?" I ask.

"Literally an angel, like you" Shawn kisses my cheek. I chuckle softly moving a little when Alec starts to fidget. I move him gently and Shawn takes him using the bib to clean him up as I change into a loose dress, it was basically a long white tee.

"Babe look" Shawn calls me. I turn seeing Alec smiling at me. "Oh my love" I coo taking him back in my arms. "I love you" I kiss his tiny nose. "And daddy loves you" Shawn uses his finger to stroke his cheek.

After a few more kisses we went back to everyone. Everything was now clean and dinner was set out.

"You guys didn't have to" I shake my head. "It's hard being parents" dad chuckles. "Come on I made Sunday dinner" he says smirking.

"I love Sunday dinner on a Friday" I laugh sitting down, Shawn sits beside me. I put Alec in his bouncy chair to the side keeping an eye on him.

"So how's being a dad Shawn?" Manny asks. "It's good so far, he only wakes up twice in the night. He's a sleepy baby" Shawn says with a big smile on his face.

"And Maya? Are you getting proper rest?" Laurie asks me. "Yep, me and Alec take naps together" I chuckle.

"And are you healthy Maya? Are you eating and-"

"I'm good mum. I'm taking vitamins and I'm eating well, Shawn helps me" I smile up at him. I was weak after giving birth and I still would be for a while but when you have a husband like Shawn it was easy.

"You guys are the cutest" Kenny chuckles putting her fork down. "Can I play with him?" She asks. I nod and both Kenny and Aaliyah shoot up going to Alec.

"Such a ladies man" Shawn chuckles.

"Who are the godparents Maya?" Jay asks. I look up at Shawn and he nods at me. "Well we wanted it to be someone not related to us and we have two. Laurie and Kenny are the godmothers and Jay and Romell are the godfathers, if you'll accept"

All four of them say yes in excitement. "Fuck ye-"

"Jay don't swear" I tell him off. "Oh mum mode" he surrenders.

"Shut up" I roll my eyes and finish off my food going over to the girls in the living room.

"How's my baby?" I ask. "So cute!" Aaliyah exclaims. I smile happily and take him in my arms. "Hi handsome" I kiss his small nose twirling around.

"You know baby, you're so handsome like your daddy" I talk to Alec. I hear everyone giggle then I look to see Shawn recording me.

"Stop" I chuckle. "It makes me happy" Shawn continues. He hands his phone to jay and walks over to me.

He slowly spins me around and starts dancing with me as I chuckle holding onto Alec.

Shawn places a kiss on top of my head and I knew I'd be safe in his arms forever.