I'm Fucking Trying

Maya Mendes
-Feb 3rd

"Babe come home" I whine. "I am baby, in two hours. I only left half an hour ago" he chuckles.

"Yeah but I miss you" I say rubbing my very large stomach. "I miss you too peaches, how's lil peach?" He asks.

"Still a pain, the peach wants to escape" I chuckle. "I'm kidding, I think the peach is sleeping" I say.

"Probably from moving all night, tired it's self out" he says with a laugh.

"It's so soon you know. We get to hold the tiny hands" I grin. "It's exciting" Shawn replies. "I'm sorry honey I have to go, I'll text you on the way home" he mimics the sound of a kiss.

"Okay bring me some honey please, I love you"

"We have some on the top shelf but don't reach for it. I love you Maya" he then ends the call.

I sigh putting my phone down. I would lay down but I can't get up so instead I was sat up, my legs up on the coffee table slightly spread out.

"Daddy said I can't get the honey" I speak to my bump. It was a craving I had, I would just put a some honey on a spoon and just suck on it and have some more and more and more. I guess Shawn liked it too, well he enjoyed kissing me after.

"So Amira or Alec I'm excited to hold you and- and fuck it I'm gonna get the honey" I say. I put my legs down and hold on to the sofa getting up. I tug my sweats up and my top down to cover my belly.

"Baby why you gotta move all the time" I groan cradling my stomach as I waddle into the kitchen. I open the pantry door walking in.

I look up spotting the honey. "We got this" I hold on to the side reaching up. "Fuck" I mumble. I grab a ladle and nudge it towards me making it fall on the floor.

I pick it up slowly and grab a spoon, I was too lazy to go back to the living room so I leaned against the counter and started enjoying my honey.

As I started on my third spoon I felt a drizzle down my leg.

My hand goes to my thighs and I was all wet.

"No no no" I mumble I drop the honey tub and hold onto the side letting out a wince.

Deep breathes Maya, deep breathes. I clench my fists, my nails digging into my palm as I waddle to my phone calling Shawn.

He answers in the third ring and I let out a groan. "Baby... now" I pant.

"What?" He asks.

"My water broke. The baby- Shawn!" I shout dropping my phone feeling a contraction. Holy shit I'm gonna give birth.

I sit back on the sofa breathing in and out like my doctor told me. The pains soften but I couldn't move.

"Why baby?" I start crying. I start panting as my hands squeeze the nearest pillow. "Oh my god" I wince.

Holy fuck.

The pains were bad but they stopped after a couple minutes then started again. And this went on for fifteen minutes then I heard the door click.

"Maya!"

Shawn comes rushing in and a team of paramedics behind him.

"You're okay babe" he takes my hand. I squeeze on to him. "Hi Maya, the baby is ready to deliver. We won't have time to make it to the hospital so let's get you in the van" a woman speaks to me. 

I nod and start breathing heavily. 

I get out in a wheel chair as I start weeping. I'm placed on some sort of bed. "She's Ready, the baby is crowning" a Doctor says.

"Shawn!" I yell. He takes my hand as I let out a push. "Yes push Maya, you're okay!" I get told.

I start yelling out and squeezing Shawn's hands trying my best to push this baby out.

"You're doing amazing" Shawn tells me. "Shut up! You did this!" I yell letting out a groan. This pain was something else, my whole body felt so weak but I had to give it all I had.

I clenched my eyes shut, I hear beeping of machines, the doctors telling me to push, Shawn wincing at how hard I was squeezing his hand, he kept encouraging me but it hurts so bad. "I'm so scared" I mumble.

"You got this Maya, come on think about holding the little baby, how much you're gonna love our baby" he says pressing a kiss to my hand. I look up at him through my teary eyes. "You're gonna be a Daddy" I mumble then I let out a loud scream.

"Come on love" he says gently.

"Give me two big pushes Maya" the doctor tells me n

"I'm fucking trying!" I yell back closing my eyes and pushing with all my body feeling so weak.

"Two more"

I squeeze Shawn's hand and he lets out a wince. "Shawn I swear to god don't get me pregnant again" I shoot, squeezing with my whole body  then I finally hear the cry and I fall back, my eyes fluttering shut .

"My baby" I mumble. "Come on Mummy stay awake" I get told.

"Maya, don't close your eyes!" Shawn places a hand on my cheek. I try to blink and I see my baby being wiped clean.

I gasp and let my eyes fully open when the baby gets placed on my chest.

"A boy" I whisper. "Alec Mendes" Shawn whispers.

"Hi" I chuckle wiping my eyes. "He's so tiny"

"Yeah" Shawn chuckles crying a little. "We have a baby" I look up at Shawn. He leans into me pecking my lips gently.

"His tiny nose and eyes and hands" I say quietly rubbing a finger over his soft cheeks. "Babe he's so soft" I let out a cry.

"Let me hold him" Shawn says wiping his eyes. I watch Shawn's large hands take Alec.

"Congratulations mr and Mrs mendes, He's the cutest" the doctor smiles at me, hooking me up to a machine. "Thank you so much" I smile wearily.

"You're strong Maya. We're almost at the hospital, can you stay awake for me" She asks. I nod looking over at Shawn and Alec. The two loves of my life.

I stretch my hand out taking Shawn's as Alec fidgets in his other arm, he was so tiny.

"I love you" I say. "I love you" he says back.

"Can I?" I ask. Shawn gently places Alec back on my chest. I place a gentle hand on his back and kiss the top of his head.

"He's already my favourite human" I chuckle weakly letting my eyes close.

"Keep them open Maya" Shawn kisses my forehead.

"Just a second" I keep them closed and then I black out.