Before I Scream

Maya Rivers
- halfway through the date

"I like doing this Maya" Shawn smile grabbing his beer. "This whole getting to know each other, I've learnt a lot about you" he says.

"Me too, I like doing this. See we don't need to have sex" I shrug grabbing my wine glass. "Exactly but when will we be able to? I mean Maya, you're incredibly beautiful how do you expect me to keep my hand off you" he chuckles placing a hand on my thigh under the table.

"I'm sure you'll survive" I take his hand putting it on the table. "I need to use the bathroom" I say putting my napkin on the table.

"Oh it's literally down there" he points. He presses a quick kiss to my cheek before I get up.

I shake my head smiling then grab my bag going to the bathroom. I use the toilet then walk out seeing that waitress washing her hands.

"Hey" I smile at her. "Hi, hows the food?" She asks. "Everything good, is this your first day?" I ask.

"Nope I've been working here for a few months now, why'd you ask?"

"Oh sorry I just thought because you seemed nervous earlier" I say taking my lipstick out my bag. "I wasn't nervous, I just felt a little awkward" she chuckles.

"Why?" I ask looking at her through the mirror.

"Please don't tell anyone but me and Shawn used to hook up" her voice went quiet. "Oh a while ago?" I ask, I selfishly wanted to know more.

"Erm maybe a little more than a week ago. He came to the restaurant and I've seen him here a few times then we hooked up in the back. Then we did it again like two days after that. I gave him my number and he never texted back then I saw him flirting with my friend, she's also a waitress here" she tells me.

I don't know how I felt after hearing this. Was he still talking to other girls? Was I getting played?

"Just be careful with him Miss, people don't know it but he's a player" she says cautiously.

A player huh?

I turn to her and I could feel she was telling the truth. "The foods great, thanks for this" I smile at her then walk out the bathroom. I suddenly felt dirty.

I saw Shawn on his phone then he quickly put it away when he saw me. I stayed stood up and grabbed my glass downing the wine and put on my jacket. "I'm leaving" I say as I start to walk away. I glance back seeing him throwing money on the table then he gets up running after me.

"Maya stop!" He shouts for me soon running in front of me. "What happened?" He asks taking a hold of my body stopping me from walking. I looked past him seeing the paparazzi ready to take pictures.

"The cameras are behind you, so let go of me and let me go home before I scream" I whisper to him. His eyes widen and he lets go off my waist. "I'm coming to yours so we can talk" he says then walks away.

I call for a taxi then get in saying my address. After fifteen minutes I was home. I walked into my building seeing Shawn leaning against the lift waiting. I brush past him, he presses the elevator button and we both get in.

"Talk to Maya, was it something I did?" He asks standing in front of me. "The silent treatment? Really? Grow up Maya and talk to me" he shoots. I huff turning the other way then I hear a loud bang and the lift stops.

"What the fuck Shawn?" I turn around to see he had pressed the stop button. "Talk to me, we're not leaving unless you talk" his jaw clenched tightly and his eyes changed to a darker shade.

I lean back against the wall taking of my heels I hold them in my hands and get my phone out going on it.

Brilliant no service!

So I decided to start playing games on my phone ignoring him. "Maya stop it!" He shouts. My phone gets snatched out of my hands. "Give it back!" I go over to him reaching behind his arm but he suddenly shoves my phone down his pants. "You think I won't just get it?" I ask moving closer to him.

"You wouldn't baby, now start talking" he crosses his arms over his chest making his biceps bulge tightly. I sigh loudly then look him in the eyes.

"Are you talking with other girls right now?" I ask, simple and straightforward.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He scoffs. "Are you or are you not speaking or hooking up with other girls?" I ask. Both of us keeping eye contact.

I avert my eyes and see him gulp then he shuffles a little. "That's ridiculous Maya! You're my girlfriend, the only one. It's hard to trust people when you live my life and I still trust you after what you and your stupid friends did. So to answer your question no. No I'm not, it's only you" he raises his voice at me.

Yet I felt something in my stomach.

"Show me your phone" I said.

He raises his eyebrows and scoffs. "I never pictured you as the crazy girlfriend"

"If you're telling the truth show me your phone and you can look though mine" I tell him crossing my arms over my chest. "Whatever" He reaches in his back pocket pulling out his phone handing it me and he puts my phone in his hands.

I unlock it and he unlocks his for me.

Maybe there was nothing? I was just being paranoid. He just gave me his phone, that must mean there's nothing to hide right?