Wrap My Package

Maya Rivers
- still in the lift

My thumb hovers over his messages. I click and I felt my stomach drop.

Girl from New York
Blonde with the dog
Jane
Jasmine brown hair
Jasmine blonde hair

This was ridiculous. I never expected this and now I felt used and ruined. I go on to the most recent message between him and 'met at airport'.

My eyes widened when I saw they had arranged to meet up tomorrow, the message was sent yesterday.

In his camera roll was nothing really then his snapchat was dry and of course he had millions of girls in his DMs.

"Here" I hand him his phone back. My cheeks felt wet, I was crying. I was so pathetic that I was crying.

"Find what you're looking for?" He asks handing me my phone back. I step away from him and press the elevator button and grab my shoes and bag. "Maya, why are you crying?" He asks, his voice was gentle which made no sense as he obviously knew he was texting multiple girls at once and I was one of them.

I sniffle wiping my nose with my hand then walk out going down the hall to my apartment, Shawn hot on my trail.

"Maya let me explain" he shouts grabbing my wrist. I shake him off opening the door and before I get the chance to slam it shut he keeps it open and walk in. He was a lot stronger than me.

"Maya, baby please" he takes my hand gently and pulls me into him. That's when I break down sobbing into his chest. Even though I was crying because of him, his hugs were lovely and smell was divine, I wanted him to hold me but at the same time to leave.

"You're a player. I feel used and dirty" I hiccup standing back.

"Babe I swear I-"

"What? That you're not talking to other girls. Please just spare me. Leave now, I don't want to get hurt anymore" I look away.

"I'm not leaving Maya, here sit with me" he takes my wrist pulling me to sit with him on the sofa.

"Ask me anything you want, I don't care what it is just ask me. I really like you Maya and if you need this validation then I'm going to give it to you. Go ahead" his voice was now gentle.

I wipe my nose with the back of my hand and push my hair back clearing my throat.

"Who are those girls?" I ask my voice was a little croaky. "I'm gonna be a hundred percent honest okay. They're one night stands or girls who have stopped me in the street, I put them in my phone but have never called, only called like two when I'm home if I need it. I get lonely Maya. Being on tour is great and all but I still need someone" he explains.

"How do I know you'll be loyal? I'm already surprised at the way you are already, I never pinned you for this kinda guy" I say keeping focus on his words.

"I have to be nice in front of the camera and I'm not a terrible person Maya. I'll be loyal to you , I promise. I won't ever cheat or do whatever your thinking..." he pulls out his phone going on his contacts. He moves closer to me making me watch his screen as he deletes all the numbers.

"Just you" his hand goes to my leg squeezing gently. "I-I'm so-"

"Don't apologise. You had the right to be upset, I understand how bad this looked. I promise you baby, now I'm with you, it's just you. Me and you" he takes my hand squeezing it.

I felt guilty now. So incredibly guilty.

"I'm still sorry" I look into his eyes. He shakes his head sighing. "Don't be"

"No questions for me?" I ask.

"Just one. Can I kiss you now?" He asks. I nod leaning into him capturing his lips for a few seconds.

"Please Maya, if you have any doubts talk to me, whatever it is I'll be honest" his hand goes to my jaw cupping it. "Same goes to you" I tell him then lean into his chest.

"I need you to do something for me" I say taking his hand to play with his bracelets. "Anything"

"It might sound like much but will you get tested. I mean I'll do it too, I just want us to be safe and-"

"Of course. I mean I always wrap my package but sure"

I let out a laugh at his words. "I love your laugh" he tells me.

"Shawn I'm still sorry, I was over my head. I had no right to-"

"Stop apologising. Couples fight sometimes, that's okay. We're over this hurdle babe" he kisses my forehead.

"Are you staying over?" I ask him. "If you want"

"Yeah. Let's go to bed" I stand up and he takes my hand following me. We get changed and get in bed, his warm body spooning mine. "Good night Maya" he kisses my shoulder.
"Night Shawn"

Soon light snores escaped his lips and I stayed wide awake thinking about us. We're good together right?