Indescribable

Maya Mendes
- two years later

"Fuck" I mumble looking down at my watch. "I'm so sorry Mrs Penn I'll be there soon" I end the call rushing to get my shoes on.

"Come on babe, you're gonna have to come with me" I put Amira on my hip and she looks at me confused. "I tired Mummy" she yawns.

"I know, I know" I starts to buckle her in. "Mummy is too, we can get Alec then have a nap together" I kiss the top of her head brushing back her curls.

I get in the car and start driving to Alec's school. We had the kids enrolled into a local school, it was small so the media didn't draw attention to it which was perfect.

As I pull up I look back seeing Amira fast asleep. I sigh getting out the car, I take her on my waist and walk up to the school where Alec was waiting.

"I'm so sorry I'm late honey" I tell him running a hand through his hair as he hugs my legs. "Mrs mendes, is everything okay?" Mrs Penn asks me.

"I'm fine. Thank you for keeping him, I should get going" I smile taking Alec's hand leading him to the car. I put amira down and buckle both my babies in, Alec at the front.

"Are you tired babe?" I ask him. "Yep, played so much" he replies.

"Really? Who did you play with?" I ask and he goes on talking about school the whole joinery home but he falls asleep just as we go past the gates and down the pathway.

I get out the car and it takes me a minute to decide who to wake up, I couldn't carry both kids and no one was around to help me.

"Alec honey" I gently shake him. He looks up at me tiredly. "Oh I'm so sorry my love, come on we're home" I take his bag and he gets out the car lazily walking up the steps waiting for me at the door. I pick up Amira and go opening the door.

"Get changed alec and we can take a nap" I tell him and he runs away. I take amira to my room, taking her shoes and cardigan off putting her in bed and I get in beside her.

She rolls around until she finally rests her head on my chest and her small legs go over my stomach. "Mummy" alec whispers walking in with his elephant teddy.

"Come on" I call him over. He gets in cuddling my other side. "Go to sleep love" I run my fingers through both their hair knowing they love when I do that. And soon I fall asleep myself too.

-
I felt my body being shaken gently. I groan wrapping my arms around my two children as they cuddled into my sides. "Maya"

"Go away" I mumble. "Come on Maya" I feel a soft kiss at my cheek. My eyes flutter open seeing Shawn leaning over us, he moves back and pulls out his phone.

"What's for dinner?" He asks me. Is this seriously what I got woken up for?

"I don't know" I turn my head the other way. "Babe seriously, I'm tired and cranky and hungry" He says not looking up from his phone.

I sigh moving my arms from Amira and alec. Amira whimpers starting to wake up. "Mummy" she sits up rubbing her eyes. "Mira honey I'm here" I take her in my arms rubbing her back.

She starts crying and Alec wakes up. "Why is she crying mummy?" Alec asks me, his rosy cheeks looking so cute. "She's still tired" I tell him.

"Shawn please go make dinner" I tell him trying to calm amira down, just like her dad she was cranky when she was tired.

"Shawn?" I ask. He hums a yes sitting at the edge of the bed. I sigh reaching for my phone and order a pizza.

"Mummy" amira looks up at me. "What is it babe?" I ask her. "daddy?" She looks over at Shawn crawling out of my arms to go to Shawn, she was the only one to get him away from his work.

"Shawn where were you? You supposed to pick up Alec today" I tell him standing up, cleaning up our room. "I was?" He asks.

"Yes, I told you like a hundred times and he's your son, you should remember" I sigh. "Alright, don't get moody with me. He's here now" Shawn scoffs playing with Amira's hair.

"Im not getting moody about it Shawn, all I'm saying is you should remember to pick up your own son from school. Where were you?" I ask again.

"I was trying to make music. You know my job?" He gets up picking up amira with him. "Right" I mumble. "I'm not arguing with you Maya" he walks out slamming the door.

"Is daddy angry?" Alec asks. "No baby, sometimes people just get a little bit upset" I sigh getting back in bed with Alec. He cuddles up to me kissing my cheek.

"I love you baby" I kiss the top of his head. "I love mummy too" he giggles. "Go back to sleep love" I smile down at him and we soon both fall asleep.

-
I let out a small groan trying to turn around but a small body was hugging me. I get up slowly seeing Shawn was in bed with Amira sleeping on his chest and Alec was hugging me.

I move his body getting up and I leave the room to get some water.

"What're you doing up?" Shawn strolls in. "Just thirsty" I show him my glass.

"Are you still mad at me?" He asks. I nod honestly. "I understand you work a lot and I'm happy for you because I know you love it but I stopped doing what I love for the kids and you can't even pick up Alec from school" I tell him.

"We came to an agreement Maya. I told you I would work, I earn enough as it is to provide for us. You said you were okay with it. Why are you bringing this up now?" He moves closer to me looking very annoyed.

"I know that and I said I was forever grateful for it and I'm happy with it but sometimes it hurts, you do what you love and I can't" I shrug.

He takes hold of my wrists tugging me. "So you don't love looking after our children?"

"What? I never said that. Stop twisting my words" I try to move his hands.

"I don't get it Maya. You should just be happy that you have a roof over your head, you have children and food on the table. Stop complaining and being a bitch about it" he shoves me into the counter.

"What're you doing? Get off me" I push him back. He takes hold of me, he was so much stronger than me. I've never been scared of him but right now the feeling in my heart was indescribable.

"Why are you getting so aggressive?" I hit him back as he shoves me again and then he hits me.

My heart dropped. He pulls back looking me in the eyes.

"I- I need to go" I grab my keys from the side. "And leave the kids?"

"Should I take them?" I ask. "Maya-"

"You can sleep down here" I put the keys down going back upstairs. I lock the door and get in bed between my babies.

My heart was racing like crazy. As I lay there tears fell down my cheeks.

_
So.... I gotta go