Wanted To Hear

Maya Rivers
- @ Laurie & Romell's next morning

"Thanks for letting me stay" I smile at Laurie as she hands me a plate with a bagel. "No problem, you're welcome anytime" she says sitting opposite me.

"How do you feel?" She asks.

"Shitty. I mean I'm okay that I'm not pregnant and that we're not engaged but I mean the idea of it sounds nice you know" I shrug. "And Shawn didn't seem like he wanted either of those things" I sigh.

"Maybe he does Maya, maybe you need to say it first" she says. "I'm gonna talk to him about it, we don't keep things from each other ever. And look what happened I kept this to myself and look!" I exclaim.

"Thai wasn't your fault" Laurie walks over and gives me a hug. "He's been texting you all night, reply to him okay. I'll take you home and you guys can talk" she says. I nod and she hands me my phone.

Shawn
Hey love, hope you're okay
I understand u need to be away right now
Just know I still love you

Shawn
I love you, good night peach

Shawn
I can't sleep I miss u

Shawn
Morning, are you coming home? ❤️

Me
Hi sorry
Yeah I'll be home in half an hour
I love you

Shawn
I'll order us some food
See you soon 💛

-
"Thanks again" I tell Romell getting out the car. "No problem and call if anything happens"

I nod then shut the door going to the elevator. I took several deep breathes then got to the floor. After finding my key I opened the door.

"Maya?"

"Yeah" I reply. Suddenly Shawn comes up to my wrapping me in a hug. I melt into his arms nuzzling my head in his chest. "Oh babe" He runs a hand through my hair holding me close.

"We're okay right?" He asks, slipping his hand in mine. "Yeah of course, we should talk right?" I ask.

"Hmm have you eaten yet?" He asks. I nod looking up at him. "Come on" he kisses my forehead then leads me to the living room. Sitting right beside me, he throws an arm over my shoulder pulling me closer.

"I do want to marry you Maya, a hundred percent" he starts. This was a good start, I felt hope.

"And I'll give you a ring and we can't start a family" he says. "We'll have a wedding, we can say our vows and have tiny babies" he kisses the top of my forehead. "But in time"

I nod taking his hand to lace our fingers together. "Say something" he tells me.

"That's all I wanted to hear" I say softly. I lean into his arms, feeling so close to him and it felt good. I felt reassured for definite.

"Can I give you something?" He asks. "Only if it's a kiss" I look up at him. He grins meeting my lips in a gentle kiss. I pull back smiling against his lips. "But there's something else" he says, that cute smile appearing on his face.

"I'm sorry" I blurt out. "You know for yesterday, it was all a mess and I'm sorry" I gulp.

"Maya babe, it's okay. We were bound to talk about it sooner or later and it just happened sooner" he places a hand on my cheek. "We're okay Maya" he presses his lips against mine. "We're okay" I nod.

He then stands up telling me he'll be back in a minute. After a minute he returns with the Tiffany bag. "For my love" he sits down placing the bag on my lap. "Got them when I went to New York, it's not what you expected but you'll like them... I hope" he chuckles.

"Thank you" I lean up pressing a kiss to his cheek. "It's okay, now open it" He chuckles. I reach into back taking out the velvet box. "When I saw the box I swear it was smaller" I chuckle. I open it up and take out the small pouch opening it up pulling out two necklaces, one heart pendant and single diamond.

"Oh my god they're so pretty" I hold them up. "Here" Shawn takes them from me. I move my hair and he puts them on me. "This is too much" I wrap my arms around him as he finishes.

"You deserve it" he says. "I don't deserve you" I mumble. "You do Maya, if anything you're way too good for me" he pulls back holding my face in his hands. "I love you Maya"

"I love you too" I peck his lips. "Now let me take you to bed and hold you, I couldn't sleep last night" he chuckles taking my hand.

"Me either" I laugh standing up with him. I loved this, I loved him, this feeling. It was all too good.

Instagram
@shawnmendes

Liked by 6,826,926Shawnmendes: you completely have my heart Maya Rivers

Liked by 6,826,926
Shawnmendes: you completely have my heart Maya Rivers

View comments...
User1: I'm just tryna sleep and u hit me with this.

User2: I- HES IN LOVE
-user3: he has been for two years now

User4: I need a mans

Mayarivers: i LOVE you. You have my heart and ass
-shawnmendes: I know :)
-mayarivers: and I have urs 😝
-shawnmendes: you do babe

@mayarivers

Liked by 5,972,346Mayarivers: so grateful 💗 let's do a Q&A in the comments

Liked by 5,972,346
Mayarivers: so grateful 💗 let's do a Q&A in the comments

View comments...
User1: did Shawn get these for you?
-mayarivers: yes sir

User2: first thing Shawn bought you?
-mayarivers: this nice ass bubblegum drink🤤

User3: most annoying thing Shawn does?
-mayarivers: forgets EVERYTHING 😌

User4: who said I love you first
-mayarivers: me, Shawn had no balls
- user4: still doesn't
-mayarivers: I like you sis

Shawnmendes: how much do you love me?
-mayarivers: a lot
-shawnmendes: aww, when are u coming to bed?
-mayarivers: I'm watching HTGAWM leave me alone
-shawnmendes: babeeeee pls, and bring me some water
-mayarivers: god gave you legs. Use them.

User5: AHAHAHHAHAHA Yeah fucc Shawn, also does Shawn own anything Gucci?
-mayarivers: I bought him a belt and hoodie
-user5: rich queen

Shawnmendes: I walked past Maya to get some water and she ignored me. DIVORCE???
-mayarivers: YOU DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING??!! Stfu
-shawnmendes: but still babe
-mayarivers: he's a child everybody.