Walk of Shame

Maya Rivers
- Shawn's condo, 1pm

My body shuffles and I get up slowly rubbing my eyes, I suddenly regretted the drinks I had last night. I shot up running to Shawn's bathroom and threw up over the toilet.

After this nasty experience I brushed my teeth and had a shower. Then got changed into Shawn's shirt. I noticed I hadn't seen him yet and I was nervous to see him, I might've been a little tipsy but I remember it all.

I walked out to the living room and saw Shawn sat staring into nothing with a coffee mug in his hand. I coughed a little to get his attention and he looks at me. "Hi" he doesn't really smile or look upset. It was just his face, I don't know.

"Hey" I decided to smile and sit beside him wanting nothing more than him to hold me. "Coffees still hot in the kitchen and there's no cream left" he says. I nod then stand up going to get my coffee. I took my time making it then went back and sat beside Shawn. My body eased itself into him and he hesitated to put an around me.

"This is the part when you you say something" I gulp putting my coffee down after taking a sip.

"Or the part when you kiss me?" I say facing him and nothing. "Or the part when we cuddle and you tell me about the festivals" I say.

My smile drops and I sigh sitting back. "Or the part where I talk" he gets up and sits in front of me in the coffee table.

"Right" I nod. I lean forward and take his hands in mine, he looks down at them sighing then back at me.

"Maya honey, you know you're the best thing to happen to me right?" He cocks his head to the side. My eyes start brimming with tears and I already know where this is going to go.

"And you're so gorgeous. You're the prettiest girl I've ever laid eyes on and you're so sweet and kind and so funny Maya" he squeezes my hand gently and let's out a puff of hair.

"Stop it Shawn" I whimper. "This is the part when you say you love me back" I sniffle.

"Maya don't" he says gently. "I know somewhere in my heart I do. I know it, I just haven't found it yet"

"Not even after six months of being together?" I ask quietly.

"These six months have been the best for me, honestly. I mean it from every inch of me" he exclaims. "And I'm gonna hate myself for doing this because you're such an incredible girl-"

"Wait before you... promise me we'll be friends because I don't think I can live without you" I cry softly.

"I promise" he pulls me closer and presses a firm kiss to my forehead. "I'm sorry for doing this to you Maya, you don't deserve this. You need someone who loves you a hundred percent" he says quietly against my hair.

"Can't that be you" I hold him tightly. "I'll wait, I will" I sob.

"Maya no. We're gonna be the best of friends I promise. I'm sorry for letting you go" he sighs he then pulls back gently. "I erm... I'm gonna go" I get up and make way to his room putting on last nights outfit and I walk out with my heels in my hands. "Let me take you home" he stands up and I noticed his damp cheeks.

"No it's okay" I shake my head. "Maya your hair is still wet and you're gonna be cold. Come on we're friends I'll take you" he sighs.

"Just let me go please" I start walking for the door faster. "We're friends right?" He asks tugging my arm back.

"We can be friends in a week, I need a week that's all then we can be friends" I tell him not looking into his eyes.

"Fine" He lets me go. I quickly walk out the door and begin hiccuping as I get in the elevator.

I'm not crying yet just sorta doing that weird thing when you gasp for air trying to stop yourself from crying.

Here I was walking to my place.

"Walk of shame huh?" Some man starts walking beside me. I ignore him and carry on walking. "Why are you ignoring me gorgeous?" He asks again.

"Hey is that Maya!" Someone shouts. I turn and some girls come up to me.

The guy scoffs walking away. "Hi" I smile at the three girls trying my best not to cry.

"Rough night?" One of them laughs. "Something like that, should we take a picture?" I ask them. They all nod excitedly and we take a few pictures.

"It was nice meeting you guys" I hug them all, they definitely stopped me from crying. "Maya not to bother you but can you pretty please tell Shawn we said hi and give him this letter?" A girl asks.

"Yeah sure" I nod, I take it from her putting it in my bag. "You guys are so cute by the way! Have a good day Maya" she smiles at me I smile back then begin to walk away, if only they knew the day I was having.

"Hey miss you dropped something!" Someone yells. I ignore it and carry on walking. "Miss!" He shouts again.

"It's Richy the rat!" I turn around sighing seeing Tom. He jogs over to me pulling me into a hug. "Last nights clothes? That can't be good" he chuckles.

"Well things happen" I shrug. "How bout you tell me about it over coffee?" He asks. "Shawn can join us" he runs a hand through his hair.

"Im sorry Tom can we reschedule. I'm have a really, really bad day and I just wanna go home to bed and maybe cry a little and watch a documentary on psychos" I shrug looking around.

"Well I'll let you do that then and don't get any ideas from the documentaries" he winks. I nod then begin to walk away, this time I cry.

_
I give u permission to hate me