Say It

Maya Rivers
- next day, 3pm

"Okay first video after three months is up!" I say to my Snapchat then close it putting my phone down, I just put up a vlog from LA when Romell and Jay came that's all.

After that I started unpacking my things when I heard a knock. If it was jay and Romell they would've walked straight in.

I opened the door and Shawn was stood there, he looked fresh and so much better than last night. "Can I come in?" He asks. I nod moving to the side.

He shrugs his jacket off and sits down. "How have you been?" He asks. "Good" I nod.

"Good? That all. You disappeared for three months and loose all contact with me and you've been good?" He asks, I couldn't tell if he was angry or upset.

"Yeah I have been good. It's so much better there with my family and friends, people who love me. So yeah I have been good" I say back, I didn't mean to say the 'love' thing it just spilled out. "And you could've texted me" I shrug.

Shawn nods fiddling with his ring. "You made me promise that we'd be friends" he sighs.

"I know and I didn't realise how difficult it would be" I tell him. "Is it that hard?" He asks.

I look up into the eyes I love. "It is. Imagine watching the person you love carry on like normal when you love them but you can't do anything about it. For instance you love music so much but imagine there were no instruments or ways to express it, it'd hurt" I sigh.

He looks away from me before he said anything. "Do you still?" He asks me.

I felt my heart getting heavier. For three months I didn't cry and with his three words I was ready to start bawling.

"Do you?" He asks looking up at me. I gulp nodding timidly, I felt to weak when he was in my presence. "Say it" he tells me.

Was he trying to break my heart further?"

"Why would- why?" I ask.

"I need to hear it" he says gently.

"I do, I love you and I- I don't think I can stop unless you leave my life completely" I admit. I kept eye contact with him, his eyes becoming glossy.

"Is that what you wanted to hear?" I ask, my voice gone so quiet.

"I'll leave now" he gets up wiping his eyes. I stand up quickly taking hold of his wrist. "Why'd you make me say it? Do you enjoy seeing me cry?" I ask, almost beg.

"Maya let go please" he sighs. "Tell me how you feel Shawn, do you still not love me?" I ask him walking ahead of him placing my hands at his face.

"Please, what is it? are you playing me?" I ask. He shakes his head moving my hands and he slips away from me opening the door where jack stood looking ready to knock.

"Shawn" I mumble, he pushes pass jack and I watch him walk away.

He doesn't look back. What was this? What was he trying to do?

"I'm sorry Maya, I can come back another time-"

I cut jack off by throwing my arms around him. He holds me tightly rubbing my back soothingly.

I look seeing Shawn watching me so I pull back from jack and cup his cheeks pressing lips against his, he kisses me back and walks into my place holding my waist. He shuts the door and picks me up.

"Jack" I mumble as he starts kissing down my neck.

I was hurting.

"This isn't right Maya" he says against my skin. "I know" I pull him back up meeting his lips. He carries me to my room putting me in my bed already hovering over me.

I closed my eyes and let him kiss me, touch my body but it didn't help the heartache came rushing back to me.

-
"Maya you're incredible!" Jack grins kissing my cheek over and over again. I giggle rolling on my side to caress his jaw. "So are you" I chuckle.

"Now, I hate to do this straight after but where does this leave us?" Jack asks me.

I hated this question.

"I'm not sure. I'll be honest with you I'm not ready for a relationship and you're great and all and that was really good-"

"I get it Maya. We're good as friends" he nods kissing my cheek. "I know what I want in life and as amazing you are, so beautiful and loving I know that we wouldn't be good anyway" he says smiling at me.

"You're so kind Jack. I'm glad we had this" I giggle. "Yeah me too, I mean I'd do it again but we've decided to be friends" he chuckles.

"Oh we can do it again then be friends after. I think we both know we'll never get together so why not?" I shrug. "Okay then Maya" he smirks rubbing my back and moving lower down.

"So gorgeous" He begins kissing down my neck. I let out a gasp as he moves his hand towards to my stomach.

It was wrong what I was doing but I craved to be held and touched plus right now between me and jack there were no feelings between us and I knew it would remain that way.