Kiwi

Maya Mendes
- @ home, after the concert

"No dads new song, Rivers and Moons, I love it!" Amira says as she passes the vegetables to Alec.

Shawn looks over at me winking, he wrote that song for me, just about our relationship and he wanted me to know it was mine therefore he incorporated my last name 'Rivers' into it.

"No way the cover for use somebody, classic" Alec exclaims.

"Hmm they're both good but when dad falls off the stage jumping down, that's the best bit. Right mum?" Aidan laughs looking at me. I let out a laugh nodding. "Look I got it on video" I show him making him erupt in laughter.

"Hey stop bullying me" Shawn pouts. "You asked for it when you decided to jump off a ten foot stage" I tease him.

"I missed this" he says taking hold of my hand. "Jeez Dad way to change the mood" Alec chuckles.

"No Really I miss how noisy you guys are and just seeing you guys everyday" he says looking at his children then at me. "Okay okay, you can wash the dishes now that you're back" I stand up.

"Maya" he whines. "Put your hand up if you want your dad to wash the dishes?" I look at the kids and their hands go up. "Sorry I don't make the rules" I chuckle grabbing the plates putting them in sink.

"Come on Shawn, they aren't gonna wash themselves. Mira can wipe down the table and boys clean up" I tell them. "And What're you gonna do mum?" Aidan asks.

"Well I made dinner honey but I'll help" I tell him messing up his curly hair.

We all get cleaning up and Alec puts on Harry Styles' album.

"She's driving me crazy, but I'm into it, but I'm into it" Alec begins singing.

"I'm kind of into it. It's getting crazy, I think I'm losing it, I think I'm losing it" Amira shouts more than sings.

"I think she said "I'm having your baby, it's none of your business'" Shawn yells singing. "My family are harry styles stans, I'm so grateful" I chuckle.

Shawn takes my hand in his wet hand and he starts twirling me around still singing.

Aidan comes between us and I take his hands dancing with him and Shawn starts playing the air guitar with Amira, Alec starts recording us whilst signing.

"Ooh baby I gotta sit down" I chuckle sitting down. "You okay love?" Shawn walks towards me. "Yeah" I nod. "Just tired" I tell him.

"Now get cleaning" I tell them going to the living room. "Go with your mother" Shawn tells Amira and she follows me.

"What should we watch babe?" I ask her. "Let's watch pitch perfect" she says grabbing a few blankets. "I'm so proud right now" I say happily sitting down.

Soon the boys join us. Shawn sits in between me and Amira putting an arm around my shoulder pulling me in.

"I remember you making me watch this when you were sick" he says in my ear. "Hmm and you still can't sing" I giggle looking up at him.

"Should we go to bed?" He asks me placing hand on my thigh. "Not yet" I lean up pressing my lips against his. He holds me close keeping his lips on mine.

"Mum! Dad! Stop it!" Amira pretends to gag. I chuckle pulling back. Shawn moves his hand pulling my dress up, his hand on my thigh.

I shuffle closer to him resting my head on his shoulder. "Stop it" I tell him off.

"Daddy, the law clearly states that you need a subpoena to take the stand in court, in this case it would be wrong to allow Jim in court and speak unless they go to the Judges chambers and allow it" Amira says to Shawn.

"Baby I have no idea what that means but you sound like you're doing a good job" Shawn chuckles. "Thanks dad, I'm aiming for Stanford, Harvard or Yale. They're the top three law schools in America" she says.

"Sounds good, I know you'll get in" he says happily then walks over to me. "You know Mira wants to go to America for uni" he says to me wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I know" I nod. "Are we gonna allow that?" He asks.

"What do you mean? It's what she wants to do. She's saved enough and so have I to let her go. Plus my parents are down there and so are jay and Kenny" I tell him.

"I don't want her to grow up any more" he sighs. "I remember when she just started walking" he sighs leaning his head against my shoulder.

"Now come here Mira" Shawn holds his arms out. My baby girl leaves my arms giggling as she runs into Shawn's arms. He picks her up chuckling in happiness.

"Give her back to me Shawn" I tell him. He sets her down and instead of coming to me she runs to the food set on the table and then she falls on her bum.

"Oh honey" Shawn picks her up as she starts crying and she immediately stops when Shawn peppers her face in kisses.

"Dad, come look at this" Aidan calls. "Mum come here too" he yells. Shawn takes my hand leading me to Aidan he was sat out on the balcony. "What is it baby?" I ask him.

"Look I got an A on my biology test" he says happily. "Oh that's so good, when did you get it back?" I ask him pulling him into a hug.

"On Friday. Mr Simons said I have to start tutoring this girl because I've been getting good" he sighs. "You don't want to?" Shawn asks.

"Nah she's too pretty" he mumbles. "Too pretty? Do you like her?" I ask, going into mum mode. "No mum, she's just some girl"

"What's her name? Are you sure you don't like her? I mean you're only fifteen-"

"Jeez come on Maya" Shawn picks me up. "Honey just tell me! Don't do anything bad! and don't do anything you'll regret!" I shout as Shawn takes me to the living room where Alec was sat on his laptop.

"Why were you shouting?" Alec asks. "I think Aidan has a crush. What if he gets his heart broken?" I say.

"Mum, Dad never broke your heart" Alec chuckles. "Dad never broke mums heart?" Amira walks in asking.

I chuckle sitting beside Alec. "He sure did" I look up at Shawn.

"He did? Dad what did you do?" Amira gasps sitting beside Shawn. He just shakes his head looking at me. "Mum what did he do?" Amira asks.

"Story for another day. Now Alec show me this design" I tell him. "Was it that bad?" Amira chuckles. "I just forgot her birthday" Shawn whispers. I throw a pillow at him and he looks at me chuckling.