The End of Irene Wolf

Start from the beginning

She let out an angry snarl, suddenly taking her shirt off to my surprise. With a desperate huff, she managed to fold it, and tightly wrap it around her left wrist to lessen the amount of blood gushing out. I was nice enough to give her time to do that, before I approached her again. 

This time I wasted no time in trying to end her life, aiming for her vital areas to which she  dodged and jumped away from. Weirdly enough, it seemed like she was able to keep up with my pace - unlike earlier. 

"Bad idea, Irene!" Darkness called out in a warning tone. "I told you what would happen if you used the remaining amount of my powers that I gifted you."

She'll age from outside to within.

I landed on a flowerbed, momentarily catching my breath. So she was using that demonic power huh? I smirked, it felt good knowing that she had to rely on it to somewhat be on my level.

I charged at her once again, cornering her to a tree. Realising what I was doing, she did a flip, retreating from me, and cleanly lands on a thick branch. I rolled my eyes at her, she was doing well considering she didn't have a left hand anymore. 

I did an even more elaborate flip to show off and landed on a branch beside her. I jumped at her and knocked her off the branch, making us tumble towards the ground. Once we hit the grass, I immediately twisted my body and sliced my weapon to where she lay. 

She missed my blade by just an inch by rolling away in time. 

Not hesitating, I got up from my position and reached for my gun. I groaned out loud when I realised I must've dropped it somewhere. My eyes immediately landed on Irene, looking for any signs that she may have it. 

There was a possibility. 

"I have your gun." Nevos said, holding up my weapon. I glared at him, wondering how he got a hold of it. "It's more fun seeing you guys fight in close combat, shooting silver is like cheating."

I began to approach him, anger radiating off me. "I don't give a fuck, I just want to kill her. Give it to me!" I barked, wanting him to cooperate. To my disappointment, he emptied the gun and destroyed its contents by simply squeezing it. 

I stopped in my tracks, dumbfounded by this man's strength. I backtracked on my thoughts, reminding myself that he wasn't a man, but a male of a dangerous species. That's when I realised that I shouldn't take him lightly, at all. 

I heard a quiet shuffle behind me, making me roundhouse kick the person. I sent Irene flying until she hit a large tree, violently coughing out blood from it's impact. I sprinted towards her, my legs moving at an unimaginable speed, and readily held my weapons. 

This is it.

Her head snapped up at me, and managed to leap away from her position just in time. That annoying demon energy was really helping her, big time. My machetes easily sliced into the trunk of the tree, exactly where she had been. 

With an angry yell, I began to pull them out with a lot of effort. They were really stuck in there, I had put a lot of my strength into it. 

Suddenly, a branch swung right in front of my face and hit me in the eyes. I stumbled back, involuntarily closing my eyes and covering them. Thankfully, it seemed like the branch had scratched my eyes superficially. 

The bitch took advantage of my temporary weakness, and struck a series of attacks before using her silver knife. 

To everyone's surprise, including mine, I managed to block almost all of them with my eyes closed and by just listening. I heard her quickly draw her knife, making me tense up. I peeled my eyes open, ignoring the annoying scratchy feeling, just in time to see her knife swing at my neck.