The Leaders Meeting

{47}

Elisia's POV

Theo, Jay and I were in the large hall that's usually used for lectures and lessons. We were helping to set up for the meeting with all the leaders in the community. Theo had opened up, during the car ride, about his childhood to Jay to explain his actions. Jay had nothing else to say except 'Oh, that's really depressing bro'. 

While we were setting up, Jay was frowning at me with curiosity etching his features. 

"What is it?" I asked, wondering what was on his mind.

"You smell different." He confessed, his eyebrow raising at me. "You smell like an-."

Alpha.

The word hung in the air without anyone saying it.

He shook his head in disbelief and laughed. "Don't worry about it."

Theo and I exchanged looks, I was planning on telling him, Magnus and Kaitlyn today - all at once.

We finished setting up and headed back to the Alpha House where Magnus and Kaitlyn were, we thought it was time to finally tell them about Theo and I. Before we did that, the three of us headed upstairs to change into more suitable and appropriate attire for the meeting.

We caught them quietly discussing about something, before they stopped to greet us with a smile. 

"Is everything set up?" Kaitlyn asked. 

I nodded and said, "Yes, Theo and I need to tell you something." 

Magnus and Kaitlyn exchanged knowing looks before they nodded. "Alright, we also need to discuss something with you."

I took a deep breath in, I already knew they've warmed up to Theo so I wasn't as nervous as the first time they met him. He stood beside me gently rubbing circles on my lower back in encouragement. 

"Theo and I are mates." 

They blinked at him and I for a couple of seconds, before breaking into laughter. "We already knew, love." Kaitlyn confessed, her green eyes twinkling with mischief. 

I gaped at them in shock and disbelief, they knew?

Magnus sheepishly shrugged and smiled. "We figured it out as soon as he arrived onto our territory on the day the rogues crashed Jay's graduation. We're not blind, it doesn't take a genius to figure out you're mates." 

Jay popped out of nowhere with a frown. "Hey, steady on! I didn't realise until last night." He mumbled, glancing at us. "They resisted the mating for that long, so of course I didn't jump to that conclusion." 

He paused and raised his eyebrows at his dad. "No wonder you were asking him weird ass questions during that lunch. 'Where do you see yourself in five years?'" He said, imitating Magnus' deep voice. 

"So that was what that was all about..." Theo chuckled in the link. I thought back to that day, rogues were after me and yet, Magnus allowed me to roam the territory with Theo alone. 

"And he was totally fine sending you back to my pack, the day right after the attack." Theo added.

Kaitlyn chuckled and shook her head. "I didn't believe it when Magnus told me, I couldn't imagine anyone resisting to complete the mate bond. You must have your reasons, so we wont ask."

"When did you believe it?" Jay asked curiously. 

She wiggled her eyebrows at us mischievously. "Dinner time!"