35 - I Wonder What Could Have Happened If He Didn't Open the Door

Start from the beginning

"You tired?"

(Name) nodded, rubbing her eyes. She didn't get that much sleep last night because she had been catching up on her homework.

She tensed when she felt his arm snake around her and pushed her head toward his shoulder, letting her lean on him.

Her eyes travelled up to his face questioningly. She saw that Sousuke was looking straight ahead, anywhere but at her, a slight pink dusting his cheek.

"Go to sleep. I'll wake you when we get to your station."

(Name)'s heart thudded faster in her chest, she wanted to sit up straight again and tell him she's alright. But her exhaustion was doubled once she felt his warmth against her cheek. Her eyelids grew heavier with each breath she took, along with traces of his scent. He smells so nice, despite the faint tinge of chlorine mixed in.

Soon enough, her eyes closed completely and she dozed off, leaving a flustered Sousuke seated beside her. He took a deep breath, trying to calm his racing heart. What was I doing? Why did I..

He turned his head to look at her. She was already breathing steadily as she leaned her head on his shoulder, sound asleep.

Despite his nervousness, he smiled at the sight. She always looked so peaceful.

He could no longer deny it. He definitely has feelings for the (hair colour) haired girl asleep beside him. This time, he let himself lower his head to rest on top of hers.

There will a Summer festival this Saturday, you should ask (Name) to come with you. Sousuke's lips twitched as he remembered Rin's words. It was after their small almost-argument, right as they walked past a poster announcing the festival.

How am I supposed to even do that?

Uh.. Just man up and ask her? He groaned softly, remembering the smirk that played across Rin's face as he said it.

He straightened up and looked at (Name) again. Maybe I should try.. But what if she...

Just ask her to come as friends, it should be fine.

Yeah right, Rin. Nationals is coming.

You have a week before that, and you can't be practicing 24/7.

He looked at her again as he snapped out of his thoughts, admiring her form. Rin said it as if it was so easy.

Sousuke stayed frozen and silent all the way to the station nesr her house. When they got there, she gently shook her awake and helped her up, carrying her bag in his hand.

She thanked him with a blush and was about to take her bag again when he held it further from her reach, insistjng he carry her bag for her.

They bickered as they walked but in the end, (Name) gave in and simply walked beside him.

They were silent this time. The two were generally quiet by nature so they have no problem enjoying the silence between them. Unknown to her, however, Sousuke's mind was racing. How should he ask her?

All too soon, they reached her house and Sousuke gave (Name) her bag so she could search for her keys.

"Uh.. (Name).." He started in a small voice, his hand rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

She turned, curiosity in her eyes while her hand held the key already fitted into its hole. "What is it, Sousuke?" she asked, tilting her head.

Geez he loves it when she does that.

"D-do you.. Uhh.. Have you heard of the Summer festival?" He asked cautiously.

"Oh the one with fireworks?" Sousuke watched her lovingly as her eyes lit up like a child. She absolutely love fireworks. The explosion of colours never cease to amaze her.