Waiting A Month

Maya Rivers
- February 14th

"Happy Valentine's Day you guys!" Ellen hugs me then Shawn. We got invited to do an interview, I only did interviews with Shawn at red carpet events but he seemed excited for this one.

We sit down and Shawn sits close to me. "So Maya! This is is your first interview together as a couple, engaged couple! How do you feel?" Ellen asks me.

"About being here or being engaged? Because I'm happy about both" I grin. "So I have to ask, no one really knows this but how did you guys meet?" Ellen asks.

We never really told anyone, it was personal to us.

"Well... babe you wanna answer?" Shawn looks over at me. So I start explaining how we met and it all sounded crazy to me.

"Then Shawn did you take her home that night?" Ellen asks. I chuckle looking up at Shawn. "Sure did" he smirks letting out a chuckle.

"And where is that video?" She asks. "Well there's no footage, when I pressed the record button I actually turned the camera off but we got a tiny bit, Shawn was full on panic mode it's hilarious I promised never to release the video" I say kinda lying, no one had to see Shawn going under my hoodie.

"So did you start dating straight away?" She asks.

"Not really, we hung out then I took her on a date and then we did" Shawn answers. "God you guys seem so perfect How'd you do it?" Ellen asks.

"We're not perfect. We actually did break up for around four months, we fight over stupid things all the time" I say. "What kinda things?"

"Maya never cleans up" Shawn says. "And you never cook" I shoot.

"Okay okay, lets not start a fight right now" Ellen chuckles. "Let's move on, now Maya I'm actually being blinded by that ring on your finger" Ellen says.

I chuckle shyly. Shawn takes my hand in his.

"So you guys are getting married!" She exclaims. "How'd you do it Shawn?" She asks.

"On New Years, Maya's been patient with me and I finally did it. After the countdown I slipped the ring in her champagne glass. She saw it then I took it out and proposed" Shawn says.

"That's so romantic! Tell me about the wedding, who's gonna be there? Who are you wearing? Am I invited?" Ellen laughs.

"Well it's definitely this year" Shawn smirks, it was literally in a month but we weren't going to tell anyone. "And erm Maya your dress?" Shawn turns to me.

"Oh it's custom Alexander Wang" I answer. "And is it a big wedding?"

"Definitely not, it's gonna be very small and private" Shawn answers.

"It sounds lovely and I'll definitely be there, this was Shawn Mendes and Maya Rivers, we'll join you after the break" Ellen says.

"Thank you for having us Ellen but we really have to run" Shawn says getting up. "Oh no problem, congrats on the engagement" she hugs Shawn then me.

Shawn takes my hand helping me down the stairs, wearing heels was never easy.

"That went well eh babe?" Shawn says to me as we get in the car. "It was, I'm so excited" I say pecking his cheek.

He places a hand on my thigh rubbing up and down the pale pink silk of my dress. "Me too, finally call you Maya Mendes" he grins.

"Shawn and Maya Mendes" I say. "Yep. Me and you forever honey" he kisses my lips.

"Oh and is your dress really Alexandra Wang?" He asks. "Yeah but it's not a full on wedding dress, it is white though" I tell him.

"And what about you? Are you gonna wear a suit?" I ask.

"No babe, I've asked Armani to make me a shirt and some trousers" Shawn says pulling in closer to peck my lips.

"We're here" the driver tells us. I get out the car and so does Shawn. He takes my hand leading me through the crowd.

We go up to our room and Shawn takes his jacket off pulling me in by my waist.

"No babe, remember we're waiting" I stop him. I had suggested that we wait, you know so it's extra special the night we get married and Shawn agreed.

"But baby this dress is killing me" he whines. "Stop, you'll survive" I chuckle walking past him.

"I hate this stupid rule" I hear him mumble. "You agreed to it" I say starting to get undressed. "Well I don't like the rule" he huffs getting changed.

"Then why did you agree?" I scoff pulling up my shorts. "To make you happy and now all I can think about is you and me" he comes towards me taking my hand. "And what difference will it make?" He shrugs.

"All the difference. We're so heavily dependent on sex, and I get that because I enjoy it but the night we get married and then when we finally do it, it'll feel so much better" I explain, again.

"And my system will be back in place, you know I've stopped the pill" I say.

He nods sighing. "Just forget what I said" he mumbles hugging me, his head going to the crook of my neck.

"Is this okay Shawn? Really because we don't have to do it" I say rubbing his back.

"It's okay. I guess I just needed you to remind me" he says. "Does this mean we'll have a greater chance of having a baby?" He asks.

"Maybe, I know that it's harder if you're just off the pill but we're waiting a month and that's good"

"Maya, I love you so much" he kisses my cheek. "I love you too" I kiss his nose holding his face in my hands. "Now we should go out for dinner?" I ask.

"Hmm but we're going to the sushi place" he says grabbing his wallet. "Babe no, the Italian place" I whine.

"Alright princess" he rolls his eyes.

__
NEXT CHAPTER IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVE
ARE U READY FOR IT??!?