31

Thank you @keshynaAnthony for the feedback on my story! I'm glad you think my book is perfect!

"baby girl wake up." I was being shaken awake. "Regina wake up."

I opened my eyes to see my dad sitting on my bed. "Dad? What's wrong?"

He brushed back my hair. "Your mother is in a bad place."

"What happened?" I asked sitting up.

"She had a nightmare about Connor." He said. "Don't do anything to make her upset. I've told everyone else."

I nodded. "Are you okay? I know you don't sleep well when mamma has nightmares."

He kissed the top of my head. "I'll be fine babygirl. Go get ready for school." He left my room. I put on a black cropped top, a pair of black leggings, and black converse.

I walked downstairs. Antonio was sitting at the island. I sat down next to him. Mamma put a plate of eggs and bacon down in front of me. "Mamma, can I have some?" Asked Antonio.

She didn't say anything. Dad came downstairs with Annelise. "Princess give Antonio some breakfast please."

She put a plate down in front of him roughly. "Mamma what did I do?"

"Nothing."

"Mamma I know you're mad at me just tell me what I did wr-"

"Just leave Antonio." sneered Mamma. My eyes widened along with everyone else at the table. Mamma stormed out of the room followed by dad after he gave Antonio a sympathetic look.

"Let's go, Regina." Antonio stood up, grabbing his phone and keys.

"Tony-"

"Now Regina" he growled at me before storming out to the car.

I grabbed my stuff and started walking out of the house when Annelise tugged at my jacket. "Why is mamma mad at Antonio?"

I put my hand on her head and patted down her hair. "I don't know Sorella"

"Is Antonio going to be okay?" she asked.

I smiled at her. "Yeah, he's just a little upset right now. I'll see you later." I kissed the top of her head then ran outside to the car where Antonio was waiting inside.

I slid in and he pulled out of the driveway. Nothing was said the entire ride to school. He parked the car in our normal space. I grabbed my bag and was about to open the door when he spoke. "I'm sorry."

I turned towards him and grabbed his hand. "It's alright."

"No, it isn't. I shouldn't have taken my anger out on you." his voice was full of guilt and his eyes bore sadness.

"Tony it's okay, I promise."

"Why is she mad at me?" he whispered.

I put my hand on his cheek. "I don't know... you should talk to her after school."

He nodded. "Okay let's go to class." we got out of the car and walked into school.

Drew saw us and started walking up to us. When he was close to us he spoke. "Hey Queenie, mama's boy."

I could feel Antonio tense up next to me. I sped up to Drew and put my hands on his chest stopping him. "Not today, please. Let's go to class." I grabbed his hand and started walking us to class.

When we got to class Drew pulled me to sit down next to him in the back. "What was that about?"

"Nothing"

He rose his eyebrow at me in question. He leaned down next to my ear. "Queenie what was that about?" He asked as he rubbed up and down my thigh.

"S-something happened with him and mamma. Please don't worry about it he's really upset about it. Please don't talk to him about it per favore."

He kissed under my ear. "Okay, I promise Queenie."

Class went by without incident. Drew kept his hand on my thigh almost the whole class. When class was over we packed up. We walked out of class and Drew walked me to my locker. I opened the locker and threw my books in. I looked over to Antonio's locker to see him with his head against the locker and his hands over his head.

I sighed and walked over to him with Drew following behind me. "Fratello?" I asked.

He looked up at me with sadness in his eyes. "I'm fine Sorella." Then he looked back at Drew. "Look if you're here to make fun-"

"Nah man chill. I just wanted to make sure you're good." He said

Antonio just looked shocked. "Uh uh yeah man I'm- I'm fine."

I smiled at Andrew and squeezed his hand. "Thank you." I mouthed. He smiled and nodded. I looked over Antonio's shoulder to see mamma walking towards us. "Mamma?"

Antonio turned around in time for mamma to wrap her arms around his neck. He quickly caught her by wrapping his arms around her waist. "Oh, bambino I'm so so sorry. I should never have talked to you like that." She cried.

He patted her hair down and squeezed her tighter. "It's okay mamma."

She shook her head. "No, it's not. I had no right to speak to you like that. You must hate me."

He pulled away and shook his head. "Mamma I could never hate you. I forgive you."

"I had a dream about Connor and you look just like him. I couldn't look at you cause all I saw was my brother dying."

I came over and hugged her. "I'm sorry you have to relive that."

"Te voglio bene bambinos."

***********************************************************************************************

I am so stressed trying to finish all my college applications that I almost forgot to publish today. But let's not worry about that. Tell me your favorite character and why!? I'd love to know! And make sure to check out "Beauty and the Beast... Well Not Exactly"!

Regina's outfit