chapter 15: angels

Start from the beginning

"Okay. Now your turn." Shawn snatched the bottle from her before she could protest. She also used one of his headbands to push out her hair.

He began spreading the goop on her face like a child would play with finger paint. He would 'accidentally' poke her nostrils while doing so causing Crystal to yell "Aaahh!" making Shawn laugh.

"Im sorry it was an accident, baby." But he was laughing too hard for his apology to be sincere.

"'Accident' my a.ss!"

He finally finished. Both their faces now covered in bright blue face mask. Shawn did messier job with Crystal's face mask. Some parts of her face had multiple layers while some barely had a second layer.

They got up to go to the bathroom and wash the face mask of their hands.

"Shawn! You put too much!" Crystal scolded him when she saw her face in the mirror.

"How is yours different than mine?! You look great, Crys." He tried to justify his horrible work but saw the difference of how Crystal applied his face mask. They just laughed it off.

"Let's take a photo." Crystal pulled out her phone from her hoodie pocket. They took some silly photos with the mirror, even catching candids of them laughing.

"Now, I wonder..." Shawn trialed off snaking his hands on her waist. "if I can kiss you without messing that up." And he leaned down with puckered lips. Crystal snapped a photo when his lips touched hers.

"Look at that! I didn't mess it up!" He cheered like it was such a challenge. He peered over Crystal's phone, hand still around her waist, and saw the photo she had just taken.

 He peered over Crystal's phone, hand still around her waist, and saw the photo she had just taken

"Will you send me that photo?" Shawn asked. He rested his chin on her shoulder and did so himself sending the photo via text to his own phone.

He also watched Crystal post a different photo to her Instagram story and captioned it: pls tell @shawnmendes that he did a horrible job in doing my face mask.