chapter 13: lucky

Start from the beginning

"Im doing really well. And you?"

"Good. Thanks for asking. So, you are playing the main character in The Heroine. Tell us about how you prepared for this role."

"I definitely had to learn martial arts for this role. Its actually a lot of fun. I love playing Heroine. I think there's a lot of action in it but also kind of like a message about it."

"Of course. And Mr. Aiden Butler here is your leading man. This is your first time working together isn't it?"

"Yes it is. I was really excited when I heard that I'll be working alongside Crystal." Aiden answered.

"Would you mind if we give the fans a little tease to look forward to? Will there be kissing scenes between you two?"

Aiden and Crystal looked at each other. "Uhhhmm, are we allowed to tell, Dave?" Crystal called to their director from behind the camera.

"Uhm, I guess you can." He shrugged.

"Well then in that case, there will be intense kissing scenes." Aiden said.

"We heard that Shawn Mendes has been around the set. Will he be making an appearance on the show?"

How would Crystal explain that? "Uhm, well...not exactly." She trailed off trying to find appropriate words. "Shawn and I are good friends. We don't see each other a lot when we're both working but it just so happens that we were filming in Canada and he was home so, we spend a lot of time together while we're in the same place." She was reviewing her words in her head if they were good enough.

"You know there's dating rumors about you two." The interviewer teased.

"There are?" She was too busy to look closely to what the tabloids are saying.

"oooh, Crystal." Aiden chuckled at his own joke. Him and the crew occasionally tease Crystal about it especially because they all noticed that every day off Crystal would be with Shawn.

"Shawn and I are good friends!" She tried to explain but everyone else was unconvinced.

*

"Hey, love. How was your day?" Shawn asked Crys when she hoped into his car. Crystal smile that sweet nicknames just come naturally to Shawn.

He was pulling out of the drive way when Crystal answered. "It was great. Didn't film today but we had to do interviews. They asked me about you."

"Really? What'd they say?"

"Apparently, there are rumors about us dating." Shawn choked on his own spit but continued to drive.

"What did you say?" He smirked without looking at Crystal.

"I said that you and I are friends and we just hang out a lot because we're never in the same city."

"And?"

"What do you mean 'and'? That was it."

"No 'He's a great guy. I wouldn't mind dating him'?" Shawn joked with the biggest smirk on his face. He expected Crystal to respond that way so he didn't really mind much. He knew she liked to keep her privacy.

Crystal was surprised with Shawn's response, worried that saying they were just friends might've offended him. But when she looked at him and saw the smirk on his face, she lightly whacked him on the bicep hoping to rid of the silly smirk. "Shut up." But she had to bit her lip to suppress a smile. Shawn just laughed at Crystal. Though, nothing could help the blush on her cheeks at the thought of Shawn telling his fans that he liked her dearly. That was something Shawn would do.