chapter 12: a song

Start from the beginning

"Of course, darling." Aiden smirked before going back to kissing her.

The scene ended there and Crystal was beyond grateful. They filmed all night until it was probably around 4am, taking advantage of the snowy weather. Everyone was exhausted when they finally headed back to the crew house.

Before crashing into bed, Crystal glanced at her phone quickly.

S: Completely forgot we start rehearsals today. Have a great day at work. Shawn had replied hours ago.

The simple "Have a great day" put a smile on Crystal's face but she fell asleep before she could even reply.

*

When Crystal woke up at around 11 , the first thing she thought of was to go visit Shawn at his work this time. Since yesterday was a long night for the crew, they were given the day off.  She thought that when Shawn comes back from tour she might be back home in New York and they won't be seeing each other for a while again. She planned to spend the most time she could with him.

Since it was almost lunch time, she thought she would return the favor and bring the guys at the studio and Shawn lunch. To make sure that they haven't had lunch, she grabbed her phone to text Shawn.

C: Don't let the guys go out to lunch. Im coming over and bringing food. Want anything? Text me the address.

She got up to get ready. When she finished, she checked her phone to see what Shawn asked her to get. She laughed a little when Shawn only replied with a bunch of pizza emojis and the address. She ordered her pizzas before the left the house so that when she got there they would be ready. She picked up some coffee too before picking up the pizzas and heading over to the address Shawn sent.

"Crystal, how are you doing? Good? Yeah, that's good. Me too! Let me help you with that." Brian opened the door to the studio for Crystal when she arrived. Crystal laughed when he eagerly took the pizzas. They must be hungry.

"Boys were eating!" Brian called and everyone hooted and crowded around him to get a slice.

Shawn emerged from a corner. "Hey there!" He smiled walking over and pulled Crystal in a hug.

"Hi! You hungry?" She said as they walked over to the food.

Once everyone had their food and coffee, they were all finally able to thank Crystal for bringing them food.

"So Crystal, we had to stop Shawn from escaping rehearsals and go see you yesterday." Scott joked his mouth full of pizza. The boys laughed as Shawn threw an olive at Scott.

"When does tour officially start?" Crystal asked when they've all calmed down.

"March 7th. Amsterdam is the first stop." Shawn answered.

"ooh. Amsterdam is beautiful."

*

When they finished eating, Shawn went to sing Crystal a song he very quickly wrote. It came up as Crystal asked the guys what they're working on. Crystal being Crystal was able to persuade Shawn to play it for her.

"You yeah you
That's just the truth, the truth
And I'd be lying if I said
It'd be a lie to say I'm not stuck on you"

Crystal had stared at the ground the whole time he sang, trying to really soak in the words and melody. It was beautiful. Meanwhile, Shawn thought the same as he stared at her for the short while he sang.

"Shawn, did I ever tell you you, you were a genius." Crystal finally looked at Shawn's eyes her mouth slightly parted as she tried to comprehend a deeper meaning to the song.