Like The Old Days

Maya Rivers
-next morning, lunch with Romell, Jay and Rhys

I put on some perfume then stand up looking at my outfit in the mirror. I was wearing a ribbed beige jumper, back plaid skirt with tights. black thigh high heels and a black short jacket.

"Woah you look good" Shawn comes behind me pressing himself up against my back. "Thank you" I smile I turn around holding his face in my hands. We didn't talk about last night, after a catch up with Rhys he went back to his hotel and I cuddled up with Shawn in bed. Nothing was said.

"Where are you going again?" He asks. "Lunch" I reply. "Oh yeah they Ryan, Richard and James?" He asks.

I rolled my eyes shaking my head. "It's Rhys and you've met Romell and Jay, you should know their names" I tell him.

"I was joking and you don't know my friends" he says with a hint of harshness. "You've never introduced me" I shoot.

"You've never asked" he shrugs.

"Fine. Can I meet your friends?" I ask sarcastically. He doesn't reply. "Is that a no? Nice. I need to go now" I move out of his arms grabbing my purse I walk over to the door.

"Maya" Shawn pulls me back. "I'm sorry, you can meet them tomorrow. I'll arrange a dinner" he says pressing a kiss to my lips.

"Okay" I nod. "We are good right? That was just a small thing" he asks moving his head to meet my eyes. "Of course" I peck his lips quickly. "You can stay here if you want. I'll text you on the way home"

He nods then gives me a longer a kiss.

-
"So you guys" Rhys points between jay and Romell. "Made Maya do sniff. Damn I wish I was there for that" Rhys chuckles.

"And weed" jay comments.

"I don't do it all the time, Jesus you make me sound like a crack head" I laugh picking up my water. "Does Shawn know? Has he ever joined in?" Rhys asks biting into his burger.

"We've never done it with him. He's seen me smoke over FaceTime but never in person seen me high or drunk. That's ugly" I shake my head.

"Yeah you're fucking wild" Romell chuckles. "We could do some after this. Like the old days" jay says looking between us. We used to meet at jays, he'd get whatever from some dude and we'd just hang out getting high and drunk.

"Fuck yes! I'm only here for a week" Rhys exclaims.

"You in maya?" Jay asks. "Obviously I'm not missing out" I chuckle.

"Will Shawn mind?" Rhys asks. "Erm... my body my choice" I shrug. "Plus I don't want him to see me like that" I say.

"Great! I'll call my guy. It might take a while, I haven't ordered in a while" jay says pulling out his phone.

"So Maya, still writing?" Rhys asks. "I'm trying, it's hard" I sigh.

"You should just become a YouTuber May, our followers and subscribers already know you, you have thousands of followers on Instagram and you'll probably get more because people are recognising you" Romell says.

"Yeah and we'll all shout you out. We all have big followings and I'm sure Shawn will help" jay nods.

It actually sounded good. "You could do videos with us, makeup vids, hauls, vlogs. And we can edit for you" Romell says smiling.

"It sounds perfect" I chuckle. "I'll ask on instagram if they want me to make a channel first" I say. "We'll support you Maya" Rhys smiles.

"I need to buy a camera then" I chuckle. "Well you can have one of ours first. We can go home now, he said he'll drop off" jay says sliding his jacket on. We all copy them get in our cars going to the apartment complex.

We get to jays and wait. I lock my phone so I don't do anything stupid too. Soon some guy comes, jay hands him the money and I start getting giddy.

Romell passes me a blunt lighting it up for me and I take a puff sitting back on the sofa. "Already relaxed Rivers?" Rhys chuckles.

"Always" I chuckle grabbing the bottle of vodka taking a gulp. "I forgot how good this was. Jay put some music on" I tell him.

We begin talking whilst we smoke. I became more relaxed and settled, ignoring anything from outside this room.