Chapter 49

As I have ordered Anthony, the attorney, the next day he was knocking again on our door with the papers needed to donate my heritage to the Weasleys. I invited them to have lunch at our house and they were there when Anthony presented me with the papers.

"Arthur and Molly." I eyed them. Arthur Weasley was sitting on the couch with Ginny and the rest of the boys were close to the fireplace with Severus, with a glass of wine in their hands. They interrupted their conversations and turned to me, Severus forming a smirk in the corner of his lips. "You know I see you as the parents I never had. You welcomed me with open arms, even though you had difficulties. You helped me ever since the beginning an showed me how much you cared."

"Oh honey, you're such a good girl. We saw that when we met you." Molly said with her motherly smile.

"And I want to thank you for that." I looked at Anthony, who handed me the papers. "Yesterday, I signed papers ordered by the Ministry, where I accepted the heritage of my family. Houses, money, lands... It's quite an amount." I smiled looking at Severus, who returned the smile. "Right now, I am richer than you can even imagine."

All the presents in the living room gasped surprised.

"As you can imagine, I don't want it. I don't want to have anything to do with this family. And I only accepted to sign the papers because I want to donate all of the money to someone that cared for me and that need it more than I do. That's why I want you to sign these papers and accept the heritage for me."

Molly leaned back on the couch, pale and mouth open. Arthur approached us, positioning himself behind the sofa with a hand on his wife's' shoulder.

"No. Absolutely not. It's your money, Angel!" Molly protested. "You're starting a life with Severus, you'll need the money."

"I can assure you we don't need that money to survive. We have money." I looked around to our lovely house and my eyes fell on Severus figure, leaning against the fireplace, observing the conversation. "You know I can't have that money with me. Please, accept it. I don't want the money but I don't want it to go to the wrong hands. You need it. I don't want it. Please."

"No. We can't accept it..." She continued protesting.

"Please, I want to give you the money. You all helped me rise up in life. I was nothing before Hogwarts. And you all helped me. You all cared. You wanted to make me happy. I want to make you happy. With all my heart." I kneeled in front of them, grabbed Molly's hands and sighed. "You can't blame me to want the best for you. And if I have the power in my hands to help you, please, let me do it."

She eyed me warily, Arthur' grip tightening on her shoulders as a way to give her the courage to accept it and she sighed.

"Please, Molly. Sign the papers and let's have lunch, it's ready." I smiled at her.

And after a while, after the tears flow down her cheeks, she ended up nodding her head and I gave her the papers and a pen. Trembling a lot, she took them in her hands and read the papers, checking if everything was ok. 

Her eyes widened when she saw the amount of money they would receive and eyed me. I just nodded, giving her the incentive to sign them and she sighed before signing the papers.

"Excellent, now we have lunch. Anthony, would you join us?" I asked, handing him the papers.

"I would love to but I'm afraid my job won't allow me. I shall leave you now. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, soon the assets will be added to your bank account in Gringotts, as long as the properties. Have a nice day." And he left us, closing the front door behind him.

I turned around and eyed the guests, they all looked overwhelmed and Severus approached me with a lovely smile on his face, embracing me in his arms. 

We ate lunch, we chat and we laugh. Arthur and Molly were so much lighter, so much happier like all their problems just vanished. And that made me smile all day until I felt the pillow under my head.

"You're an amazing woman, you know that? What you did for the Weasleys... No one else would do the same. I guess that's why I've fallen in love with you. With your pure heart."

"Oh, ya think?" I asked with a teasing tone.

"Yes," he pulled to his arms, inhaling the scent of my hair and feeling my fragile body glued to his. "I regret nothing and wouldn't change a thing. I feel blessed to have you."

"I really think we need to thank Dumbledore for that. The man previewed this since the beginning, I'm telling you. That man was a genius."

"Yes, he was. And I'm sure he would be proud of you, Angel." He kissed the top of my head.

"Of us. Yes... He would."

And we both fell asleep in each other arms, feeling in peace like we were both in heaven at last.