Chapter 31

I don't know why but somehow I felt lighter. I felt happier. Like everything that was troubling me had suddenly shrunk. Like I was in heaven. The only thing that was missing was Severus, only that way it would be perfect. But when I heard someone calling my name, I instantly recognized who it was. And I smiled.

"Dumbledore?" He greeted graciously at me as I ran to him for a hug and he opened his arms, welcoming me.

 I felt like I dropped the weight of the world of my shoulders.

"I knew you were capable of coming this far. But you always amaze me. Potio divina magicae? Brilliant mind. " He stroked my hair and I eventually pulled away from the hug gazing right at him.

"Severus taught me about it." I smiled weakly and let my tears finally stream down my face.

"Hm, I see. You do realize why you had to die? Voldemort chooses you to raise him from death because you are a very powerful witch. Even if you don't believe in yourself. He chose you to resurrect him, but this kind of magic always have a catch. And the price he had to pay was that being alive you could bring him back. But if you died he was finished." He muffled a laugh. "He had it coming."

"Is he dead?" I asked, hopeful.

"Not yet. But he will. Harry himself will do it." He announced beaming.

"Harry? Isn't he dead?" I gasped.

"He was. But like everyone, he had a choice. And sacrifices are always rewarded. He chose to go back and fight, even though he would be very happy here." He finally looked at me, grabbed my hands and smiled even more.

"We're in Severus' chambers," I stated.

"Are we?" He asked with a playful tone as he looked around, letting go of my hands. "If you say so. I guess this is your happy place."

"It is." I was dying inside to ask him something that kept me curious as he calmly examined Severus' chambers with a contemplating expression on his face. His smile never faded away while he was scanning the room and the view over the window. "Dumbledore. You said everyone has a choice. What did you mean by that?"

He inhaled as if he was already expecting me to ask that. 

"You too have a choice to make, Angel. You suffered all your life. And even though you had every reason to turn to the dark side, you remained pure. Loyal. And you sacrificed yourself in the end. That's something valuable. That is why they want to reward you."

"They?" I raised a brow and Dumbledore made that smiley face he usually makes when there's something he knows that he would never reveal to anyone.

"You just need to know, everyone knows about your sacrifices." He stopped for a second as if he was listening to something in the silent and then he continued. "You can go back and be the most powerful witch, surrounded by your friends, now that Harry finally killed Voldemort." He nodded with a smirk.

I smiled weakly and looked down. "There's nothing there for me, Dumbledore."

"Why is that?" He asked with his kind smile across his face. 

"Not without Severus. I would reject every magic of the world just to be able to be with him."

"Aren't you a box full of surprises?" He laughed as he cupped my cheeks and looked me in the eyes. "You will most definitely be rewarded."

"What?" I asked, but Dumbledore already turned around to go away from Severus' chambers.

He turned around and just smiled. "Be happy. You deserve it. We will all be waiting for you when your time comes."

Confused with his speech, I remembered myself to never question Dumbledore' words anymore. So I just nodded, acknowledging everything he told me. I had many questions to be answered, but I know one day I would be heard and clarified.

"Dumbledore did you know?" He eyed me carefully but kept his open smile. "Did you know we would fall in love for each other? When you gave me the mission, did you know?"

"My dear Angel, I don't know everything. I just act upon what it's in front of me. But, yes, it was my intention. You must forgive an old man for wanting their friends to be happy."

"I never felt so happy in my entire life like when I was with Severus. And Hogwarts? You gave me a family for the first time.I must thank you for everything you did for me." I hugged him one last time.

"No. The world must thank you for staying so pure. You proved that love can prevail even in the darker times."

I smiled at him and he turned around to leave. And just after he closed the Severus' chambers' door, a huge beam of white light blinded me so much, that I had to close my eyes once more and let darkness consume me.