Chapter 2

Hogwarts was oddly silent. From what I remembered it was always full of kids playing around, barking, laughing, playing pranks on each other... But as the school year hasn't begun yet, it was all too quiet.

It caused me to shiver, but I shook that feeling away.

Instead, I focused on following Dumbledore through the corridors calmly.

"I trust you still know your ways around these corridors?" He asked politely.

"I do, indeed. Profes... Dumbledore, where are we going now?"

"I'm going to introduce you to our colleagues."

I looked at my body, clothes dirty and ripped off, my once silky blonde-gray hair all messed up and I wondered what image would they have when they see me for the first time. He must have sensed my discomfort and he smiled.

"No need to worry. They'll be welcoming you with open arms."

I just smiled at him, yet still uneased.

That's when we arrived a great door, where Dumbledore murmured some words until it opened. As I recall this is his office. I have never been inside, but I could only imagine the secrets it holds.

I looked around, amazed with all the books and odd artifacts on the shelves. I tried to read some of the titles but I was snapped out of my world when we finally arrived at his office, where several people were gathered there.

"I'm honored to present you, our new Muggle's' Studies teacher, Angelina Black."

"Hi, I'm Minerva McGonagall, the Deputy head and the head of Gryffindor house. If you need anything you can ask me. I'll be showing your quarters and I'll be guiding you on your firsts weeks here." She gave me a hug and a kind smile when I thanked her.

"This is Gilderoy Lockhart, the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Pomona Sprout, herbology teacher and that his Severus Snape, the Potions teacher and the head of Slytherin house. The rest of the teachers haven't arrived Hogwarts yet, but you'll meet them tomorrow on the teacher's' ball."

I shook all of their hands and when I reached for Snape he gave me a hesitant look, staring into my eyes before something snaps him out of his trance and he finally shook my hand. There was some tension there. I should be careful around this man, I thought to myself, he's not very friendly.

"Well, now that the introductions are made, Minerva would you kindly show her her quarters?"

"Of course, headmaster. This way, my dear." 

Before I follow her, I turned around, smiled kindly at Dumbledore and whispered.

"Thank you."

We were heading towards the exit and I could still hear them talking on the office. I could tell it was Gilderoy's' voice trying to whisper, as I felt tears forming inside my eyes.

"You really asked a shabby bag to teach in Hogwarts? A homeless girl, that didn't even finished her studies? That's not suitable for our good image."

"Would you please give us a favor and keep your mouth shut? You look more like a shabby bag to me than that girl. An obtuse shabby bag." It was a male voice. A deep male voice that I didn't recognize. It wasn't Dumbledore and surely it wasn't Sprout.

That got me thinking for a while and I forgot about the tears drying on my face.

"You should be comfortable on your quarters. I decorated it myself, I hope you like it."

Minerva whispered some words to a door and it opened immediately, showing a very welcoming living room. There was a red couch looking very comfortable in the living room, attached to a small kitchen.