Chapter 48

Our honeymoon was perfect, even better than we anticipated. The hotel room was enormous and luxurious. We have Minerva to thank for that. We did enjoy that room fully - iykwim - but we surely explored the charming streets of Cairo. 

Of course, we began by visiting the Gizé pyramids, riding on camels - tender creatures, by the way.

When we visited the Khan el Khalili market we purchased lovely souvenirs and jewelry, but I was mostly overwhelmed by the kindness and amiability of the people. The lovely three sisters that were selling typical Egyptian costumes called me inside their store to try some of their clothes. 

I entered the store, Severus always had his eyes on me to keep me safe from harm, but he was relaxed and smiling. He had dropped his typical dark clothes and, instead, he was using a white tunic, similar to mine. But when the young girls showed me the clothes, it was entirely different. - a long black dress with the softest fabric I've ever touched, with a V-cleavage and a little cape on the back, with golden ornaments and a golden belt in the waistline.

"You look perfect, my love." Severus gasped when he saw me and a sultry look passed through his eyes until his expression melted.

"I loved it. I think I'm going to buy it." I looked for money inside my purse, but the three young ladies intervened and stopped me.

"Please." One of them spoke with an accent. "Take it. As a gift for the newly wedded couple."

"What-- How do you know we just married?" I asked flabbergasted.

"You have this newly-wedded-wife aura around you. And he too." They pointed at Severus that was entertained by the music band performing outside. "Please, accept it as a gift, my lady."

Speechless as I was, I just nodded with a little bow, thanking them for the gift as I took one last to look to the mirror and smiled.

We visited all the historical points until our feet felt sore. But even though we arrived at our bedroom tired every night, we still had energy enough to make love with each other and fall asleep in each other arms.

When we came back from our honeymoon, we brought gifts to our friends, - Some jewelry, souvenirs, and clothes - much to their delight. Even though we were glad to be back, we did really enjoy our vacations. Away from everything. Just the two of us.

***

Days after being back, we were eating a snack in the kitchen when someone knocked on the door. That moment we both stopped since Severus was tickling me on purpose to make me drop the strawberry I stole from him. 

"Were you expecting anyone?" I asked him and he nodded.

I walked to the door, and through the peek-hole, I saw a suited man, with a suitcase under his arm and a very lofty posture. I looked back at the curious Severus leaning against the door that led to the living room and shrugged.

"Who is it?" I asked loud enough to be heard on the other side.

"Mrs. Angelina Black Snape?" The man asked.

"Yes?"

"I'm an attorney. Black's' attorney. I have business to discuss with you." The man said and I turned around to Severus, frozen in fear about what this could be about.

Sensing my anxiety, Severus smiled, passed by me and planted a kiss in my head, before opening the door.

The man eyed us both with curiosity, but he was snapped back to the real world as his mouth started speaking by itself while his thoughts were somewhere else.