Chapter 30

After finding the strength to leave Dumbledore's' office something occurred on my mind and I made a small detour before heading to the great hall where lots of students were gathering and where I found a very concerned Ginny.

"Do you know where Harry is? I can't find him anywhere. I think he turned himself to Voldemort... "

"Ginny... Harry is a Brave man. He knows now what he has to do now. It's his destiny and it's the only way." I spoke almost emotionless.

The way words came out of my mouth startled people around me and Minerva started shaking me by my shoulders.

"Did you find anything?"

"Yes. There are sacrifices needed to be made for the greater good." I whispered.

"What sacrifices???" Ginny asked impatiently. "Is Harry making a sacrifice? Is that what you're saying?"

"Yes... Yes... And he's not the only One" my voice was weaker by the minute and somehow I felt like I could never be strong again, now that I lost the love of my life.

"He can't!" She yelled.

"He has to." I simply said.

"You don't understand. I love him. I can't see him dying." She cries and her friends hugged her.

"I understand."

"NO YOU DON'T." She shouted back.

I ignored her lash out and turned to Minerva.

"Please, Promise me something. Tell the world the truth about Severus. Clean his name." She looked at me baffled. "Please. Just do it. He is... was on our side this whole time. Harry uncovered the truth. And Voldemort... killed Severus today... He sacrificed his whole life for us. You'll find the proof in Dumbledore's' office. We can't let that be in vain. I'm not saying we're going to win." I turned to the students. "I'm telling you we're going to fight together. Until the end."

I caught some disturbed looks from the students and staff, but we were interrupted by noises and screams from outside the castle, so I ran the faster I could, towards the school gates. As soon as I arrived outside, I froze on my place, watching all the Death Eaters, Voldemort and Hagrid marching towards us. Hagrid was carrying someone on his arms and, given that he is a half-giant, the person seemed like a child on his arms. But it was certainly Harry Potter.

"Harry Potter is dead!" Voldemort yells and the Death Eaters started to laugh maniacally. "And now it's time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us... or die."

The Malfoy's' started calling out for Draco, but the boy was hesitant to step forward. When he saw Voldemort's' deadly stare he started moving in their direction. But what surprised me most was when my mother started calling out for me, with tears on her blue eyes.

"Angelina, my daughter. Come. Come with us. We can be a family like we were never before."

My father was by her side, arm over her shoulder, looking obstinate at me. But what disgusted me more was my uncle Maxime by her side, smirking and nodding me to join them. I closed my eyes and thought about Severus. About our first interactions, our first dance, our first kiss, our first time together in bed and how I felt when he said he loved me. A smile formed on my lips as I almost felt his touch on my face when the wind brushed past my face.

My legs started moving by themselves, as I walked in their direction, holding the vial on my hand that I robbed from Severus' storage after leaving Dumbledore's' office. A killing poison.

"It can kill anyone in seconds," Severus told me as he was taught me stuff about potions. We were on his storage alone and since the storage was small, we were very close to each other and I couldn't focus on anything else rather his eyes. "Hey, are you listening?"

I nodded, but I was intoxicated with his scent. The heat irradiating from his body was warming up my skin. And just as a snap of a finger I threw my arms around his neck and kissed him fervently, interrupting his lesson. And once again he found himself buried deep inside me and I found myself moaning his name in his ear.

Seeing me walking in their direction, the Death Eaters started clapping. I opened my eyes, looked to Hermione and Ron and whispered. "The Snake. Kill it. It is the last Horcrux. As Dumbledore said once: "Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who deserve it."

And I approached Voldemort slowly, clenching my fists, wand in one hand and the vial on the other.

"I always knew you were capable of great things. This is will be only the beginning. Come to me, my child." Voldemort said opening his arms, to a welcoming hug.

Knowing full well that he wasn't able to kill me, I approached him and let him embrace me in his arms. But before anything else, I whispered in his ears. "You killed Severus. Now you die." And I drank the poison from the vial.

"Uh? No!!!" Voldemort yells as my knees started failing and I felt the cold floor under me.

The crowd gasped and I heard my mother yell before I closed my eyes and let the poison run through my veins. For what I knew, the poison had unicorn the most deadly rattlesnake' blood and dust from a dead phoenix. Very powerful, capable of great effects, but with more than three drops of it, it's instant death. That's why it's secretly locked inside the storage' wall. I remembered when Severus chanted an incantation to open the secret opening on the wall, where the Potio Divina Magicae was stored.

It was painless, almost like falling asleep, but as soon as I closed my eyes, I opened them immediately. Getting up, I looked around me and acknowledge where I was. Severus' chambers. Notwithstanding, it was cleaner, whiter and had light coming from the usually closed windows. Adjusting my eyes to that light, I was startled when I heard a voice behind me. A kind and soft voice.

"Hello, Angel."