Chapter 9

I woke up, wondering why I felt so unfamiliar with the place I was sleeping. Opening my eyes slowly, I saw Snape's' peacefully sleeping, arms still holding me.

Last night memories came to my head and I sighed, trying to get away from his embrace, not wanting to wake him up. I wasn't ready to talk with him about what happened and most importantly: I wasn't ready to look him in the eyes after sleeping on his arms all night. - I never did anything like this before and I'm sure he neither. 

So, when I was able to get free from his embrace, I got out of his chambers, on toes tips, but before I close the door, my eyes fell on his beautiful and serene frame, right there on the couch, where I spent the most peaceful night of my life. What I didn't know was that Snape has been awake for hours and didn't dare to move nor wake me up. He just held on his arms and tried to enjoy the moment, even though his mind was telling him not to.

After taking a hot shower on my chambers and get dressed, I told Dumbledore what happened and he assured me he would reinforce the security. He was mad about how the man was capable of entering the most protected school and he scheduled a meeting with the rest of the teachers about the security, telling them there was a breach, but keeping the details to himself. Severus was nowhere to be seen, but thank god.

The next months passed quickly without any incidents like that awful night, but my nightmares were aggressive again and I had several panic attacks, but I managed to calm down and avoided Snape the best I could. I knew Dumbledore would be disappointed with me for not being on the task he assigned me to, but after spending that night with him, being held on his welcoming arms, I couldn't look him in the eyes.

Just before the school year ended, Sirius Black, my cater-cousin - a convicted murderer of Harry Potter's' parents - got away from Azkaban and we found out he was actually innocent. Peter Pettigrew was the traitor, but he escaped, so Sirius would be hidden until we could prove his innocence.

I couldn't wait to know him. He was cater-cousin but was still part of the family. And after all these years, I finally found a family member that didn't believe in their beliefs. So I wrote him a letter to introduce myself and to get to know him, which he immediately replied.

During the Summer break, I would stay in Hogwarts. I didn't have anyone to go to, and nothing felt more like home like Hogwarts did.

Before going away, Snape decided to check on me. Even though I was avoiding him - and he knew why -, he wanted to see if I was going to be ok. After all, Dumbledore gave him that mission, right? That's what he tried to tell himself.

I opened the door after hearing a knock and my expression remained stern, but my heart skipped a beat - This is not good.

"May I come in?" He asked and I stepped out of his way, letting him in. "I just wanted to see if you will be ok by yourself here." What I didn't know was that Dumbledore had informed him about my encounter with my uncle. That's why Snape didn't want to leave me alone in Hogwarts and that's why he would stay there the whole Summer, without anyone knowing.

"I'm good," I answered coldly.

He simply nodded and headed for the exit, not knowing what else to say. But something inside his head stopped him from leaving and he came back to my side. "May I ask why are you avoiding me?"

"I'm not. I just have been busy." I lied.

"You are. And I will find out why."

"As you wish." I rolled my eyes and turned around to go to my bedroom, avoiding being inside the same room as him, but he grabbed my arm and let go immediately, stopping me in front of him.