Chapter 39

The classes started and everything was back to normal. - well, as normal as it could be.

I finally started my career as the maestro of Hogwarts' choir. The first thing I decided to do was to join all the potential elements for the choir and get auditions; and after selection, I asked the students for songs. Songs that they would want to learn and sing. The first live presentation would be on Christmas, as the headmaster decided to throw a ball for students and teachers before the holidays.

We worked really hard for months, growing up in music together and most importantly, we had loads of fun.

Everything was going so well, I thought I was dreaming and feared I would wake up soon. But I was wrong, - this is my life now. I woke up every morning on the arms of the love of my life, my nightmares were barely existents and I couldn't feel more loved by him.

"Good morning, sleepyhead." Severus woke me up gently with a kiss on my forehead.

"Good morning, my love," I answered, yawing and stretching up to start the weekend.

"You must have dreamt too much this night. And it was pleasant dreams." He said with a mocking expression.

"Oh yeah? Why?" My eyes were still adjusting to the light.

"Because you whispered my name in my ears and smiled many times." He said, planting a kiss on my lips now.

"I don't need to dream to whisper your name on your ears. I do that very often." I smirked at him, making sure he understood the second intention of the statement.

"You do?" He asked, pretending he didn't know what I was talking about.

"Yeah, I do. I can show you how." I said, pulling his body on top of mine and he complied, connecting our lips once again.

"I would love to. But there are other things to do." Seeing my eyebrow furrowed he ended up his sentence, "It's snowing. And I thought you would like to take a walk. Have lunch someplace else. What do you say?"

I jumped out of bed immediately, heading for the window, eyes shining with excitement as the first snowflakes of the year fell on the floor, leaving Hogwarts covered in a cold white. I felt Severus arms and his warm naked torso embracing me from behind when a kiss was planted on the crook of my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

Turning around I pulled Severus for a deep kiss and let my hand wander that body so-well known by me. Feeling cheeky, my hand traveled further down, until I reached for his black cotton boxers and squeezed slightly his building shaft.

Severus interrupted our kiss, gasping for air as he tried to talk. "What got into you lately? You've been rather insatiable the past few weeks."

"Are you complaining?" I asked a little to harshly than I wanted.

He eyed me with curiosity and worry was growing on his eyes. "Tell me what's been bothering you."

Pulling away from his grip, I turned around and headed to the bathroom for a hot shower. "Nothing is bothering me. Can you blame me for wanting you?" I grabbed his hand. "Come, take a bath with me."

"You know you can't lie to me." He said with a lifted brow all matter-of-factly, as I filled the bathtub with hot water and conjured foam with my wand.

I turned around and faced him, while I let my hands loosen the tie of my robe and let my red nightgown fall on the floor slowly. A smirk appeared on the corner of his lips as he watched me enter the tub and relax, so he decided to take off his boxers and join me.

"Will you tell me, now, what's wrong?" He insisted, after holding me on his arms and planting a kiss on the top of my and.

"I told you. Nothing is wrong." We fell on silence for a while and I inhaled before asking him the next question. "Severus... Would you like to have children one day?" I felt his body tensing up behind me. "Hey, I'm not pregnant nor intend to be soon, it's just a question I've been asking myself these days and since you never talked about it, I was curious."

As his body relaxed under me, he finally opened his mouth to speak.

"I don't even know if I would be a good father."

"Are you mad? Why is that?" I asked, turning around in the water to face him.

"Eh, I don't have the best example of fatherhood. My father was a muggle if you must know. A drunken Muggle. I don't know why my mother put up with him until the end. And..." He sighed and diverted his look from my eyes, avoiding visual contact.

And like a whisper I said. "And you're afraid of being like him..." Since he didn't answer, I realized that was exactly why he was afraid of having children of his own. "But you are wrong, Severus. I can't tell you why, but I do feel you would be a great father one day. You would never be like your father, I assure you that."

"Why are you so sure?" He asked, still avoiding my gaze.

"Well, because you have me." I simply said, pulling his face back to mine with my index finger and planting a soft kiss on his lips.

That conversation was over and for months we didn't talk about that. It was just curiosity from my brain and I had to ask him. It breaks my heart knowing he thought about himself like that. Only if he could see himself the way I see him.