Chapter 46

When I woke up next morning, body sated from last night lovemaking session, the side of the bed where Severus should be was empty and cold. My first feeling was the disappointment since he told me he took the day off to be with me. Then I heard a noise from the kitchen and my eyes snapped open again, making me jump out of bed. 

I button up his white shirt that lay on the chair and walked towards the noise.

Like he usually does, he was preparing breakfast with lots of delicious food. I once told him he could just use magic to have it done, but he said he wanted to take his time to cook something for me with love. So I just smile whenever I see him like focused like he was that moment.

"Good morning, fiancé," I whispered in his ear, kissing his ear lobe.

"Hmm, good morning, my love." He turned his body around to face me and pulled me to a kiss, his arm resting around my waist. "I hope you're hungry because we're going to have a full day.

"Will we?" I asked, sitting on the chair and eating the lovely breakfast. "Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise." He winked and smile but he couldn't hide the anxiety behind his eyes. "I've been preparing this surprise for quite some time now. I hope it is of your liking."

I stroke his cheek and smiled. "I'm sure it is." 

And we ate the rest of the dinner silently, regularly beaming at each other or talking about wedding stuff. We were both anxious for the day that is to come. We were not nervous about getting married, we were actually anxious to get over with it and run away from this country, for a pleasant honeymoon together.

After taking a hot shower and getting dressed, Severus led the way through Hogwarts' corridors until he decided to disapparate in a quiet street, near The Leaky Cauldron.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked curiously.

"You'll see. Now, close your eyes."

I hesitated for a while before obeying his request. I felt his hands on my shoulders and a kiss on my hair before he started moving and guiding me a few steps until he came to a stop. I felt his lips on my ear and his breath on my neck while he whispered softly.

"This is a gift for us. You can open your eyes... Welcome to our new home."

My eyes snapped open and I gasped when I saw that beautiful house in front of me, with a small white wall and the greenest grass I've ever seen. It wasn't too big, but it wasn't definitely small. It was enough for us. And for starting a family.

No one could know how I was feeling that moment, when tears flowed down my eyes, falling on the floor and disappearing immediately in the hot sidewalk. Besides Hogwarts, I finally have a home on my own and I would be sharing it with the love of my life. What did I do to deserve all this? I don't know, but I thanked God, Dumbledore and whoever was behind all this.

"Do you like it?" He snapped me away from my thoughts.

"Are you mad? It's perfect!" I answered, throwing my arms around his neck and burying my head on his chest. "Thank you..." I whispered.

Severus didn't answer. Instead, he went for his pocket and took two keys, handing me one. "Shall we enter our new home?" He hugged me and we both walked over the main door where he put the key in the keyhole and opened it.

Inside, there was a square entry hall, wooden floor with a round marble table in the middle, and orange tulips in a transparent jar. And right in front of us, there was a huge frame with a picture of me and Severus when he proposed. He was standing proud with his dark blue suit, grabbing me by my waist while I smiled flustered, happy for the ring exposed in my hand resting on his chest.

I smiled at Severus and he guided me to the left door where a living room was connected to the dining room. The dining room had an exquisite tailored wooden table, along with the last picture we all took with Dumbledore. Hogwarts behind us, standing strongly weeks before the war. 

The couch was dark grey, combining with the dark furniture, but enhanced by the fluffy silver carpet on the floor. There were shelves with books all over the place, making the living room cozier, a special touch from Severus, I guessed.

He then guided me to the kitchen, a medium size, with all the tools needed, dark grey furniture and a small round table in the middle with two chairs.

We walked back to the hall and entered the right door, that led to the three rooms and bathrooms. Two of the rooms were smaller, but the third room was huge. The headboard of the king-sized bed was cushioned in grey. The sheets were white and soft as I touched them very slightly and closed my eyes inhaling all that I've seen inside the house.

The room also has a private bathroom, decorated in white and brown, with a large bathtub. With a flick of his wand, Severus conjured hot water with foam, ready for us.

"Shall we debut the bathtub?" He started pulling down the strands of my summer red dress, letting it fall on the floor and exposing my red undergarments. Severus' lips were attracted immediately by my skin, as he planted a kiss on my shoulder while his hand was working his way to free me for the underwear I was wearing.

"Severus, I... 'm lost in words." I gasped when his hand reached for my panties and pulled them down.

"Do you like it, my love?" He said in his low grave tone as went down to take the panties off completely.

"I love it, Severus. This is our home... It's perfect." He held a hand for me and helped me get inside the tub, as he immediately started taking off his clothes and joined me.

"Yes... I've been seeing a lot of houses and this was the one that... reminded me of you. It is simple, beautiful," he caressed my face and let his hand wander underwater, feeling every curve of my body as he continued speaking, "everything designed so perfectly. And I think it's the one I want to call home."

I felt so overwhelmed by his statement. How could a man that lived in pain and in darkness all his existence have so much love to give? Every day I admire Severus even more, even though I thought it would be impossible.

"I love you, Severus. I love this house... And I can't wait to be married to you."

"Me too, darling, me too..." He connected his lips with mine, finding comfort in my arms, as he pulled me tighter against his lap. "I wanted to wait for the wedding to surprise you. But I knew you were having trouble with my absence. And since I want you happy for our day, I decided to tell you now."

"Oh..." I felt myself blush with all the embarrassment. I never felt so stupid, he was trying to surprise me and I was being stupid with all the jealousy. Either way, I decided to open my heart with him and let him know what was really bothering me. "So, the woman I've seen you on the streets. She was helping you with this. Who was she?"

He smirked because he knew exactly what I've been thinking. 

"That would be another surprise, but since that disturbed you, I shall tell you now. She is my cousin." I gasped. "Yes, I found her recently. She's a muggle and she happens to be a real estate saleswoman."

"That black haired woman is your cousin? She's gorgeous." I realized just how ridiculous I was being before "when I saw you with her... I saw her kissing you so intimately, I was scared..."

He laughed, - damn, it still makes me shiver - and when he finished laughing I was admired with his outburst. 

"What?" I pouted.

"You thought I was seeing another woman?" Severus tried to conceal his laugh but seeing my mad face made him fail. He grabbed my face and forced me looking at him while he tried to cease his laughing. "I would never. Should I remind you how much I love you every day? Because if you still doubt that, I will."

"I don't doubt you," I whispered.

"Good." And he finally connected his lips with mine as we tried our new bathtub in the most passionate way possible.

At the end of the day, Severus was the love of my life and I was his. No one could never change that. I know it. Deep down, I've always known it.