Chapter 29

The cold and dark corridors of Hogwarts couldn't match the temperature of my body nor the thoughts on my head. It was as if someone was in control of my body as I moved in the direction of Severus' chambers. Knowing very well he wouldn't be there, I needed something to tell me that we got this all wrong and that he was indeed on our side as he always has been.

I couldn't almost hear Hermione calling out for me.

"Angel. Wait."

I looked back at her. "Please, go back to your friends. I need to be alone."

"I won't go anywhere. You are not alone. I don't know how you must be feeling, but I will do anything to help you." The sincerity of her words hit me hard as the tears began to fall down my face.

"This can't be true, Hermione. Dumbledore trusted him with his life. He told me more than once."

"And he betrayed him. Harry saw everything, Angel. He killed Dumbledore."

"There must be something we're missing. Something we don't know. Dumbledore was a powerful wizard with lots of secrets. There must be something." I started walking, now in front of Severus' chambers, where I immediately opened his door.

"Angel, please, I know this must hurt like hell, but you need to think straight now." She pleaded as she entered the room after me.

"Look. Look for something, Hermione. Something that could tell us what their plan was." She didn't know what to do, but I didn't say anything else.

I entered Severus bedroom, where I spent the most wonderful nights of my life. Where Severus made me his for the first time.

His scent was still in the air.

The whiskey and mint breath that I breathed sent shivers down my spine. My hand caressed the soft white silk sheets from his bed while my eyes scanned the room. On the top of his dark wooden drawers, he had several random items and between them, there was a frame with a picture of me on Hogsmeade when we were both assigned to accompany the students one weekend.

"What a beautiful couple. Let me take you a picture." A random man on the street said with a smile on his face. 

Severus eyed him warly and scolded the man, saying we were not a couple - bullshit, of course. He didn't say that last night when he was naked with me on his bed, proclaiming his love to me. So I rolled my eyes. 

"Don't be mean, Severus. If you don't want to take a picture with me... well, sir, could you take me a picture, please?" The man smiled and came back, so I smiled at the camera and he took the picture. "How much is for the picture?"

"Oh, no no, my fair lady. It is my pleasure to take a picture of such a lovely woman, please, take it as a gift."

Surprised, I smiled and thanked the man that promptly took off. Severus expression changed into an offended one, as the man eyed him with a rude childish-look before disappearing.

I looked at Severus and started walking. "Unbelievable. People try to be kind and you're rude. Tsk tsk, you should be punished."

"I hate annoying people. And how would YOU punish me?" He stopped me and approached me with such a slight smirk on his lips and lust on his eyes that I felt embarrassed with all the people passing by and looking at us by the corner of their eyes.

"If you call kindness "being annoying", yeah he was annoying as fuck. And I can punish you if I want." He neared me and I took a step back, feeling the cold wall behind me. "Uh... No sex for you tonight. I think that's punishment enough. You need to learn to be kind with people, Professor Snape."