Chapter 3

When I woke up the next morning I felt like I haven't in ages. I was well rested, no pain on my back - for sleeping on the floor -, and I was warm. 

In less than 20 minutes, I took a shower and got ready for Minerva that was already waiting for me outside my dorm.

"Ah, Angelina, I see you slept well. You look less exhausted!" She was clearly excited.

"Yes, I slept really really well, thank you. And it's Angel. I don't like Angelina."'

"As you wish, Angel. Let's get our so deserved breakfast, shall we?" She winked at me and lead the way to the great hall. 

The rest of the teachers were already there talking among each other. Dumbledore was talking with Snape when he locked his eyes on me and his face lit up, causing Snape to turn his head in my direction.

"Oh, Angelina, there you are. You look wonderful today. Did you sleep well?" Dumbledore was sitting down in the middle of the teacher's' table.

"Good morning all. I slept so well. Thank you."

"Well, please, have a seat." 

I nodded him and after I gave him a small smile I sat down by Snape's' side. "Good morning, Mr. Snape" I muttered.

He looked at me with a hard face. I continued smiling at him and eventually, he murmured "Good morning" and resumed his eating.

Before sitting down, Minerva came to my side and talked with a kind low voice. "After eating this lovely meal, I'll guide through the classes and how it's going to work. I'll give you some tips of my own." She winked. "But take your time, eat whatever you want. There's no rush."

I smiled at her and she went to her place on the table. The rest of the breakfast was quiet. No one talked to me and I didn't dare to open my mouth. 

Sometimes I could feel Snape's' quick gaze from the corner of his eyes, but I didn't dare to look back, and especially, I didn't dare to ask him what was his problem.

I finished my breakfast soon after and I excused myself along with Minerva. She started by showing me my classroom and my classes schedule. Next, she showed me the topics I should follow during the school year and some notes from the previous teachers. She even taught me some techniques to teach, how to address the students and how to make them interested in my speech.

"More important. You should be creative when you want your students to be creative. You don't want to bore them with readings. Show them stuff happening, they like that. But never forget, you're the teacher. You give them commands. You're the boss inside the classroom. Use that."

I nodded to her and continued listening to her tips. After two hours she told me she would have to leave.

"You have the next week to prepare yourself for the classes. It should be enough. Anything you need to buy for the classes, just tell me. And the money for your job is at your disposal in the Gringotts Bank. I'm going to leave you alone now. I'll be back for you by 6 P.M. to get you ready for the ball. Is that alright?"

"Yes, Minerva. Thank you."

And she left immediately, leaving me alone in an empty classroom. 

I imagined the room full of kids, wanting to learn more about Muggles. I imagined myself in front of them, teaching with a smile on my lips, answering their curiosity. Could I be a good teacher? - I don't know and I was nervous about it.

I worked on the readings recommended by Minerva, reading all the notes she left me and began to outline a first plan for the classes, with all the ideas that I came up with.