26 - The Concert is Still Hours Away so What Should We Do?

Start from the beginning

-(Name)

She felt bad lying to him, but she wasn't ready to tell him the truth either. Perhaps after the concert? A week later? Ugh.

She and her bandmates were still hidden by the trees when (Name), already in her wig and contacts, spotted Sousuke. He was wearing some kind of butler outfit. She felt her cheeks heat up. (Name) recalled Sousuke telling her that the swim team is doing a butler cafe, but she never expected him to look this good.

His eyes then met her's and she gulped, walking over to him with her head held high and a confident smile on her face. "You must be Yamazaki-san," she stuck her hand out, "I heard a lot about you from my sister." Stupid why did you say that now he will think I talk about him a lot!

Sousuke was stiff with nerves. Here was his favorite band standing right in front of him, and the main vocalist is holding out her hand to shake with him-

"Oh.. Uhh.. Yeah, that's me." He gave her a nervous smile.

"Nice to meet you, Yamazaki!" Hideki grinned, formalities already forgotten.

"Yoroshiku!" Aika exclaimed, clinging to (Main Vocalist Name). Her other hand was holding her guitar case.

Clyde, nodded with a shy smile. He was rather shy and reserved, often on the less energetic side in contrast to his role as drummer. He was often teased about his name since he was half American, born in Japan.

"Its reaally awesome to finally meet with you. I really love your songs," Sousuke rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Uh.. Follow me, I'll get you to the music room."

"Awesome!" Hideki went over and walked beside Sousuke.

"So you're close friends with (Name), eh? What is she like in school? She is pretty different from er... Her sister."

"Yeah," Sousuke smiled fondly, "she is on the shy side, but that's kind what made her.. Well... Her."

(Main Vocalist Name), who was walking beside Aika and Clyde, could only look down and blush while the former jabbed her in the ribs with her elbow.

Sousuke led the group through less populated corridors and hallways and they finally got to the music room. He opened the door and turned the lights on. (Main Vocalist Name) could hear Hideki gasp.

"Wow look at all that! Everything looks so complete here!" Hideki walked ahead of Sousuke and picked up the nearest bass guitar.

"Thank you for all this, Yamazaki-san," (Main Vocalist Name) said to him, flashing him a confident smile and walked in to join Hideki. It actually felt weird calling him by his last name, since she was so used to just calling him Sousuke. Or Sou.

"Y-you're welcome," Sousuke nodded his head politely, "if you need anything, please let me know."

"We will," (Main Vocalist Name), gave him a thumbs up.

~~~~~

"Welcome to Samezuka's Maid Cafe!" Momo greeted, but soon blanched when he saw that the guests were Haru, Makoto, Nagisa, and Rei.

"Waahhhh! Is Gou here with you? She can't see me like this! He jerked down his skirt, cheeks slightly tinted pink. Everyone on the swim team, were told to dress as maids for the cafe, except the third years, who were dressed as butlers.

"Gou is going around the festival with her friend, " Makoto smiled reassuringly, "its just us here."

"We got curious because last year Rin said DO NOT come."

"This is so embarassing.." Momo hid hia face in his hands.

Rin appeared behind Momo, looking down at him from his height, "Momo, don't slack off-"

"Wow! Rin-chan you look neat!" Nagisa exclaimed.

"Only third years dress as butlers, that's why I told you guys not to come last year."

"Aw.. I would have loved to see Rin-chan in a maid outfit," Nagisa pouted, "anyway where is Sou-chan?"

"He works at the kitchen, cooking the food. Is (Name) with you guys?"

"No, she said she will come later today."

"I see.. Well my shift ends in a few minutes, then we can go around the festival together.

"Alright!" Nagisa pumped his fist into the air while Rei stood beside him shaking his head at the blond's antics.

A few minutes later, Rin and Sousuke finally came out of the kitchen, followed by Momo and Nitori. The four of them had changed back to their Samezuka uniforms, white blazers with shirts underneath.

"So," Rin slung an arm across Haru's Shoulder, "what do you guys plan to do right now?"

"I'm not sure..." Nagisa said, "but I heard the closing event is a concert by Azure Beats. I can't wait!"

"We still have hours before that," Sousuke rubbed the back of his neck. He gave Haru a subtle galre before looking away. He still didn't like that guy. This exchange did not go unnoticed by Makoto's observant eyes.

"Oh!" Momo rushed forwards, everyone's eyes following his figure, which came to a stop in front of a booth. It was a watergun fight booth. "Lets play this one! We have enough for two teams of four!"

"Samezuka against Iwatobi?" Rei asked.

"No," Makoto smiled, "Lets go random! It will be better that way since we can also bond with everyone else."

"Good idea!" Nagisa perked up.

In the end, the teams were decided by drawing straws. Rin, Makoto, Nitori, and Rei were in the red team, while Haru, Sousuke, Nagisa, and Momo were in the blue team. This arrangement clesrly did not sit well with Sousuke and Haru, and the tension between them increased even more. I'll just play and get this over with, Sousuke thought, filling his catridge with water, I'll stay away from Nanase.

( ̄へ ̄)

- Author's Notes -

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE AAAA I HAVE A LOT OF THINGS GOING ON AND A LIL DRAMA THESE PAST FEW DAYS KCNDKSKS but its all okay now dont worry :"). This chapter was originally 4000 words long, but i end up splitting it into 3 chapters to make room for more details (and feels which will come pretty soon).

I have the whole story plotted down but i might make some changes for the ending since the original ending i planned was too packed with action for this anime. Perhaps i'll use it for a BnHA fanfic if i feel like writing it after this is over.

And of course, I THANK EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU LOVELY READERS AAAAA your comments and votes never fails to make my day. It always made me smile to see those notifications pop up on screen, and reading your comments make my friends question if i have a boyfriend or smth cus i was smiling at my phone HAHAHAHAH

May your day be brighter with these precias bois (me and my friends in uni because sleep is so rare sometimes

Anyways good news: I got 96 for my final illustration project mwahahahahaha highest in my class aaaaaaa im so happy lol those sleep deprived nights did not go to waste uwu