22 - Always in Motion

Start from the beginning

The two have passed by a lot of other swimmer, as if they are at way higher level than normal. However, the two stayed neck and neck, neither could surpass the other, but both swimming as hard as they could.

The results made the crowd wild. They finished at the exact same time, a tie. Gou's heart soared. Both Haru and her brother were going to Nationals! They get to swim together one last time!

(Name) watched with a smile as Rin gave Haru a high five. Even though neither of them won, they both had enjoyed the race, the feeling where they get to swim with each other again.

Glancing down at the rundown of the event in her hands, (Name) noticed that after this, there will be a short break before they continue with the relay competition.

"Hey Gou," she nudged the Maroon haired girl beside her, "We have a short break before relay starts, lets go look around?"

"Sure!" Gou nodded and got up with (Name). Makoto, Haru, and Nagisa were already gone, they had took off towards the swimmer's locker rooms right after Haru's race was over.

They passed by a vending machine when (Name) pulled Gouto a stop.

"Anything you want?"

"Hmm.." Gou studied the displayed drinks, "I think-"

"Gou-chan! (Name)-chan!" A voice rang out from their right. It was Momo, running towards them.

"Hello, Momo-kun," Gou greeted with a smile.

"Did you see me swim? Did you? Did you??" momo was asking, looking very excited as always.

"I may have lost to Makoto in this but I will win against him in the relay!" Momo exclaimed, leaning forward closer to Gou as he spoke each word.

However, he was jerked back soon after. "Momo, back off. Stop messing with my sister." a deeper voice can be heard, it was Rin. He was wearing his Samezuka jacket, his hair still slightly wet. (Name) gulped, Sousuke must be nearby.

"Brother!" Gou grinned at Rin, "You did really well there! I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks! The relay is coming up next, and I don't plan on losing."

"No worries, I'm rooting for both teams." Gou winked at her brother.

"Oh and (Name), Sousuke was in the locker rooms the last time I saw him, if that's what you're wondering." Rin winked at (Name)

(Name) flushed, "I w-wasn't even looking for him."

"Ouch, (Name), I didn't know I was that unwanted" someone behind her spoke. (Name) jumped in surprise and whirled around, there stood Sousuke, a smile teasing his lips.

"S-Sousuke! Don't sneak up on me," (Name) looked so surprised it elicited a chuckle from his lips, "Rin said you were in the locker rooms?"

"I was. I went out for a drink." Sousuke gestured at the vending machine.

"Oh..." (Name) cleared her throat awkwardly and averted her gaze. She had been feeling a lot more nervous around Sousuke than usual, especially after calling him Sou last night. We weren't even lovers but I let a nickname spill out. Stupid. All morning she had been successful in not meeting him, although she looked at him a lot from a distance, quietly and as subtly as possible.

She couldn't think of a good reply so she said, "A-anyway, good job on the individual race, and good luck on the relay. The Iwatobi boys won't be holding back!", to which Sousuke chuckled.

"Sure."

~~~~~

The relay was about to begin when Gou and (Name) finally returned to their seats. They got the notice that Iwatobi and Samezuka will be racing in different heats, so that was one burden off (Name's) shoulders. The two sat side by side as they watch the boys prepare themselves. It was Samezuka first, and (Name)'s eyes immediately went to Sousuke. He was third in line since he will be doing the butterfly stroke, right after Nitori.