Sophia: 16

~11 Years Old~

Now Sophia was 11 and just starting the first day of secondary school in year 7 whereas Casper was now in year 2 and was nearly 6 years old. Nathan and I had the baby on 12th June and she was the cutest baby ever. Her name was Jessica-Lily Sykes. We chose Jessica after his sister and Lily after my mother then combined them together to get a double barreled first name, Jessica-Lily.

Nathan had just dropped Casper and Sophia off at school while I stayed home to look after our baby. Sophia was determined to make her younger siblings her first priority when they were a bit older. She wanted to protect them and she loves them unconditionally.

"Hey, I'm back." I hear Nathan says as I walk through to the living room, holding Jessica-Lily.
"Hey. I just managed to get her to fall asleep." I say as Nathan nods and kisses my forehead.
"How's she doing?" Nathan asks as I shrug.
"She only seems to want to sleep in my arms. As soon as I put her down, she wakes up and cries again." I say as Nathan takes her and her blanket out om arms and cradles her softly.
"Let me try." He says before walking to her bedroom as I follow him.

Nathan places Jessica-Lily down softly in her bed before switching on the night light and silently shutting the door.

"How do you do it?" I say as Nathan smiles at me and kisses the top of my head before going to make a cup of tea.
"I have my ways." He says as I roll my eyes and sit down, switching on the TV and flicking through the channels.

~~

Once Sophia and Casper were home, Sophia was telling me about her day while Casper was whining because Jessica-Lily was crying. I sighed and rubbed my temples. Nathan had got called in to work at around lunch time and I was looking after 2 children and a baby. To say this is hard work was an understatement.

Suddenly, my phone started to ring as I picked up Jessica-Lily and answered it.

(N - Nathan, L - Lettie)
L: Hello
N: Lettie, just checking in tp see if you're okay.
L: Yeah, I'm okay.
N: You sure? You sound flustered and there's a lot of noise.
L: Yeah. I'm holding Jessica-Lily while trying to stop her from crying while Casper whines about her crying and Sophia is trying to tell me about her first day at school. I wish you could be here to help me to be honest, Nathan. It's getting harder and harder as the days go by.
N: Awe, I'm sorry baby but, I've got to stay her til 8 tonight because someone has an appointment with Dr. Williams and I'm filling in for him. I'm sorry.
L: Okay, well, I got to go because I need to feed Jessica-Lily and cook Casper and Sophia's tea.
N: Alright, see you later.
L: Bye.

I hang up before placing my phone on the kitchen side and starting to make Jessica-Lily a bottle.

"Mom, can we have spaghetti for tea?" Sophia asks, now walking into the kitchen.
"Uh, yeah. Let me just sort out your sister and I'll make your tea." I say as Sophia goes back to watch TV.

I finish the bottle for Jessica-Lily and feed her before putting her back in her cot. While I'm rocking Jessica-Lily's cot to send her to sleep, I think of how far Nathan and I have actually come since we first met when Doctor Lilly went on maternity leave. I finally have a job that pays, I have 3 beautiful children, 2 little girls who are Nathan's and Casper who isn't Nathan's, as you may already know about Kaleb and not coming to see his son.

I smile as Jessica-Lily slowly falls asleep in her cot. Once she's fully asleep, I switch on her night light and shut the door quietly before going to the living room.

"Spaghetti guys?" I say as Sophia and Casper look at me and nod, "Alright, it'll be done in about 30mins. Sophia, can you set the table for you and Casper please?" I ask as she nods and goes to set the table, getting Casper to help her with the cutlery.
"Casper, be careful." I warn as he nods and helps his sister.

I sigh and start to make the sauce while letting the water for the spaghetti boil.

~~

Once I'd served the kids their food, I sat at the table with them and spoke to them about their day while Sophia and Casper both started talking excitedly.

"Guys, one at a time. Sophia, you first." I say as she nods.
"I made 2 new friends called Bailey and Josh." She says as I nod, "They are in nearly every class with me and I really like Josh. He's really cute. He's Bailey's twin brother." Sophia says as I smile.
"That's great, Soph!" I exclaim as she smiles proudly, "Casper? What about your day?" I ask him as he shrugs.
"I learnt the ABC song to help me learn my letters." He says as I smile.
"Really? Do you want to sing it for Mommy and Sophia to hear?" I ask him as he nods.
"ABCDEFG, HIJKLMNOP, QRSTUVW, XYZ!" He sings as I smile at Sophia and we applaud him.
"Wow, baby. That was really good. Well done." I praise him as he giggles and finishes eating his tea with Sophia.

Later, after I gave the kids their bath and put them in bed, I sat on the sofa and watched TV, waiting for Nathan to get home.

"Hey, I'm home!" I hear his voice as I shout back, telling him I'm in the living room.

He comes through and kisses my forehead.

"You look tired babe." He says as I smile.
"I'm okay. Happy you're home." I say as he kisses me softly.
"I love you." He says as I smile.
"I love you too." I reply as he smiles and kisses me again.
"Who knew I'd meet someone as perfect as you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY GUYS!!!!

OMG, THIS IS SO OVERDUE AND I'M SO SORRY!

ENJOY THIS LONG ASS UPDATE!!!