Dr. Sykes: 24

~5th Month Continued~

Once I was sure that the tears had stopped, I started to walk towards my mom's house. At least there, I could be alone with my thoughts.

I arrived at my mom's and knocked on the door, waiting for an answer. As I waited, I let my thoughts drift off to Nathan and that brunette. She look familiar but, I can't remember where or how I've seen her before. How long has this been going on? Why did he do this to me? How could he do this to me?

My mom opens the door as I look at her and give her a sad smile.

"Honey, what's wrong?" She asks as I burst into tears again, having my mom usher me inside.
"Okay, Lettie, calm down." My mom says, sitting me next to her on the sofa, "Okay, it's okay. Come on. What's wrong?" She asks placing her arm around me.
"N-Nath-Nathan w-was..." I grail of, taking a deep breath, "I w-was mee-meeting Minnie I-in town b-but I didn't s-stay long be-because Ju-Justin was th-there. I l-left Minnie and Ju-Justin together and w-went home. I called out f-for Na-Nathan a-and I went u-upstairs t-to t-to find hi-him and an-anoth-another g-girl having s-sex." I stutter to my mom as she wraps her arms round me, letting me cry into her, rocking me slowly.
"Oh baby girl. It's okay, cry it out. It's okay to cry sometimes, Lettie. You know that." My mom says as I nod and lean into her.
"What do I do now, mom? I need you." I mumble as my mom rubs my back.
"Did you wanna move back her or go back to Nathan's?" My mom asks as I shrug.
"I don't know what I should do." I say as my moms nods.
"How about you go back to Nathan's and let him explain everything and then you can make the decision on what you wanna do?" My mom says as I nod.
"Can I sleep here for a bit before I go back?" I ask as mom nods, "If Nathan comes over, just let him up into my room. Don't say anything to him, just let him up and I'll talk to him when I wake up." I say as mom nods and I go up to my old room.

I walk into my bedroom and smile before shutting the door and looking around it, seeing that it looks exactly how it did when I left. I missed my old room. I jump on my bed and smile at the feeling of the soft mattress and climb under the covers, getting myself comfortable. I sigh one more time before drifting off into an amazing sleep.

~~

I wake up to find that I'm still on my own in my bed and sigh. I was hoping that Nathan would actually come here for me but, I guess my hopes just got too high.

I get up out of bed and go to my wardrobe. I know I left some clothes here if I needed them. I find a pair of skin colour tights, a black skirt and a black crop top with a denim jacket and smile before getting dressed. I find my black converse from the day before and slip them on before straightening my hair and going into Minnie's room to borrow some makeup.

I re-do my makeup before smiling at myself in the mirror and take a photo. Once I was done, I made my way down stairs to be greeted with a few voices and the comforting smell of coffee. I walk into the living room to see my mom sat there with Minnie, Justin and Nathan. I frown before walking into the kitchen and making myself a cup of coffee.

I walk back into the living room as Nathan looks at me and smiles a little. I smile back a little before going to sit next to my mom on the other side of the room.

"So, anyway, Justin and I are gonna go out for dinner, bye." Minnie says as her and Justin leave the room and it's just Nathan, my mom and I.
"I thought you were gonna send him up to my room so we can talk?" I say to my mom while looking down into my cup of coffee.
"He said he'd rather wait for you down here. He didn't want you to wake up and yell at him. He's so broken that you walked out instead of letting him explain." Mom says as I sigh.
"He's broken, mom?" I say as she nods, "He's fucking broken when I'm his fiancé and 5 months pregnant with his child but, I still walked in on him fucking some other woman? Do you think I'm not broken." I say raising my voice a little.
"Lettie, look, I can explain..." I hear Nathan trail off as I turn to him.
"Go on. Explain." I say as Nathan starts.
"Look, when you started college, I got a job for a couple of hours at the doctors surgery near Halfords. It doesn't get us a lot of money but, it's gets us enough, especially to pay for your college fee. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to tell me not to pay for your college. I didn't want you to tell me that you'll handle it because you know that you can't handle everything by yourself. The other woman is Nurse Eileen. She works with me for the couple of hours I go for. I've only been working there three months and I've been seeing her, like that, for two because she threatened my job. She said she'd make up some bullshit lie to get me sacked and then I'd have no qualifications to fall back on, since she'd make sure I wouldn't get a job as a doctor again. I'm so sorry, Lettie, I really am. I was so stupid and I know I shouldn't have put my job before my fiancé and my child. You're the best thing that's every happened to me and I'm so, so stupid." Nathan explains as I look down into my coffee again and let a few tears fall, starting to feel guilty for walking out on him, "Please Lettie, forgive me." Nathan says as I notice that I'm still wearing the engagement ring and flashback to that day.

"Hey, you did great today." Nathan says, wrapping his arms around me as I smile.
"Thank you." I reply as Jessie and Sean arrive.

Everyone cheers and applauds them as they walk into the venue. I stay stood outside with Nathan as everyone goes inside.

"Are you okay?" Nathan asks as I nod.
"Just think about it, Nath. That could be us in a few years." I say as Nathan kisses my temple.
"It could be." He says as I watch some cars go past us, "In fact, that's all I was thinking about during the ceremony in the church." Nathan says as I turn to him.
"What?" I reply as Nathan nods.
"Yeah, all I could think about was marrying you and I didn't picture Jessica and Sean up there, I saw us." Nathan says, now letting go of me.
"Nathan, what're you trying to say?" I ask as he smiles at me and gets down on one knee.
"Letticia, Jessie is..." I hear Minnie and put my hand up to her.
"Letticia George, will you marry me?" Nathan asks as the shock of my face fades and turns into a smile as I nod, letting him out the ring on my finger.

"Lettie?" Nathan says as I look at him.
"Nathan, I..." I trail off.
"Look at me, love." My heart melts as he calls me that and kneels in front of me, holding my face, "I love you with all my heart and soul and I'm sorry. I made a mistake, a huge mistake and I'm so sorry for that." Nathan says as I look down again.
"Nathan..." I trail off.
"I'm not finished." He says, wiping away a few of my tears, "I promised you that I would never, ever let anything hurt you or my child and then I went and hurt you, both of you and I am so sorry. I'[m that sorry that it's literally tearing me apart. To see you broken down and torn apart killed me. It hurts so much to know that I made that promise and then broke you into a million pieces and I'm sorry. Losing you would be the worst thing to ever happen to me because you mean the world to me and you're the best thing that ever happened to me. Please, Lettie, give me one more chance." Nathan says as I nod.
"Okay, Nathan. One more chance but, Eileen, she has to be out of your life, for good and you need to leave that doctor's surgery because she'll still be there. Please Nathan. promise me you'll quit and find somewhere else. Please." I sya as Nathan nods.
"I promise." He says as I place my forehead against his and close my eyes.
"I love you." I sya as Nathan kisses me softly.
"I love you too princess."