Dr. Sykes: 20

~2nd Month~

"Lettie, where's my car keys?" I hear Nathan ask me.
"I think they're in the kitchen, on top of the microwave." I say as he thanks me and I hear the jingling of his keys as he picks them up.
"Thank you. I'm off to work now." He says, walking ver to me and kissing my forehead, "You gonna be okay?" He asks as I nod.
"Yeah, I invited Minnie over to keep me company." I reply as he smiles.
"Alright. Love you." He says as I smile.
"Love you too." I reply as he leaves.

Currently, I'm laid on the sofa with a think blanket covering my legs with a cold. I have caught a cold in May... How?

When Minnie arrives, I shout her in from the living room as she walks in.

"Lettie, I hope you don't mind but, your mom wanted to come with me." Minnie says as I shake my head.
"It's fine. Hey mom." I say as she sits on the sofa across from me.
"Where's Nathan?" Mom asks as I smile.
"He's at work. He left about 10mins before you arrived actually." I reply as my mom nods.
"Lettie, I... I'm really sorry about everything. I mean, you're my daughter. I should be happy for you and I do want to be part of your child's life. I shouldn't turn my back on you when you need me the most. I love you and I am happy for you. Please forgive me." My mom says as I look at Minnie.
"Alright, mom. I forgive you." I reply as my mom nods and hugs me.

My mom and Minnie stay for a few more hours as I enjoy their company. I'm glad my mom and I are talking again. To be honest, what she did was disgusting and evil, not to mention childish, but, at the end of the day, she's my mother and I think she was trying to protect me, not hurt me.

During the day, I didn't much except watch TV and hang out with my best friend and my mom. Once they'd left, I just got myself some food before I go back to being sick.

Once I'd eaten, I dragged myself back to the sofa so I could finish watching whatever I put on TV. It was a documentary about WW2. To be honest, it was pretty interesting but, at the same time, I find everything in history interesting. I'm a history geek.

"Lettie! I'm home!" I hear Nathan's voice as I look at the clock to see that it's 5:30pm.
"Hey." I say as Nathan walks into the room.
"How've you been? Did you have food?" Nathan asks as I nod.
"Yeah. I had food. My mom came over with Minnie." I say as he nods.
"Is everything okay?" He asks as I nod and smile.
"Yeah. Me and mom sorted everything out." I reply as he smiles.
"That's' good." He replies, lifting up my legs and sitting underneath them.

I move myself so my head is on his legs and my legs are over the other side . Nathan's hand starts to stroke through my, now shoulder length, hair as I smile.

"It's Jessie's wedding net week." I say as Nathan nods.
"Did you get your dress?" He asks as I nod.
"Yeah. It's upstairs in the wardrobe. It's royal blue. You saw it and you didn't like it." I laugh at the memory.
"It's hideous." Nathan laughs, "At least it'll  look better, since a beautiful girl is wearing it." He says as I smile.

~The wedding~

I walked down the aisle just before Jessie walks down. I take my place next to the bridesmaids and smile at Nathan before the music starts to play.

Jessie makes it to the front of the aisle as her soon-to-be husband smiles at her. She smiles back through her veil as the priest starts the ceremony.

"Dearly beloved..." I zone out as I watch Jessie and Sean, I think his name is, exchange vows, "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." The vicar finishes.

Sean lifts up Jessie's veil before kissing her as everyone erupts into applause and cheers, now following them out of the church.

~~

At the after party, I meet Nathan outside the pub before Jessie and Sean arrive.

"Hey, you did great today." Nathan says, wrapping his arms around me as I smile.
"Thank you." I reply as Jessie and Sean arrive.

Everyone cheers and applauds them as they walk into the venue. I stay stood outside with Nathan as everyone goes inside.

"Are you okay?" Nathan asks as I nod.
"Just think about it, Nath. That could be us in a few years." I say as Nathan kisses my temple.
"It could be." He says as I watch some cars go past us, "In fact, that's all I was thinking about during the ceremony in the church." Nathan says as I turn to him.
"What?" I reply as Nathan nods.
"Yeah, all I could think about was marrying you and I didn't picture Jessica and Sean up there, I saw us." Nathan says, now letting go of me.
"Nathan, what're you trying to say?" I ask as he smiles at me and gets down on one knee.
"Letticia, Jessie is..." I hear Minnie and put my hand up to her.
"Letticia George, will you marry me?" Nathan asks as the shock of my face fades and turns into a smile as I nod, letting him out the ring on my finger.

I hear loads of applause as I hug Nathan and kiss him, noticing that Minnie, my mom, Jessie, Sean and a few others from the party were watching us. I let the tears fall and hug Nathan again before pulling away and kissing him again.

"I love you so much." Nathan says as I kiss him once more.
"I love you too." I say as my mom, Minnie and Jessie crowd around me to see the ring and ask me about everything as Nathan gets crowded by a bunch of lads, from my school in Newcastle that don't even know him, congratulating him.
"That is the most gorgeous ring." Minnie says as my mom hugs me, "You can tell he's gonna be the best husband so he's definitely gonna be the most amazing dad." Minnie says as Jessie looks at me.
"You're pregnant?" She asks as I nod.
"2 months." I say as she squeals and hugs me.

Us girls have the best friendship and I'm glad I have them all to share my life with.