Dr. Sykes: 21

~ 3 Months ~

"Lettie, wake up. The scan's today. We need to be ready by 1. It's 11." I hear Nathan says as I groan and get up.
"Aright, I'm up." I say before going into the bathroom and showering quickly.

I wrap a towel around my body and my hair before going into my wardrobe. I pull out my outfit and get ready.

I meet Nathan downstairs before we get in the car and start the drive to the hospital

"You look beautiful today." Nathan says as I roll my eyes.
"Thanks." I say as he frowns.
"What's up with you?" He asks as I look at him.
"I'm tired, Nathan." I say as it was now his turn to roll his eyes.
"Seriously? You sit at home all day. I'm the one that has to work to provide for myself plus you and my child." He says as I frown.
"I'm the one carrying your child." I argue as he sighs.
"Whatever. I'm not arguing with you over a stupid, petty thing like this." Nathan says as I groan, "Seriously? What the hell is wrong with you? All I did was compliment you." He adds as I ignore him.

He rolls his eyes and carries on to the hospital.

~~

Once we arrived at the hospital, I got out of the car and went inside to sign in, not waiting for Nathan.

"Lettie, wait for me." He says as I ignore him and keep walking.
"Have you got an appointment?" The receptionist says as I nod.
"Letticia George." I say as she nods.
"Alright, take a seat." The receptionist says as Nathan runs in, breathing heavily.
"I'm with her." He says as the receptionist nods and Nathan joins me, "Can you stop it? Stop being like this. I compliment you and you start to be in a mood with me." Nathan says as I look at my hands.
"I don't want to talk." I say as Nathan frowns and stop talking to me.

"Letticia George!" I hear a doctor call as Nathan and I walk into the room.

The doctor talks us through the procedure before starting the scan. Soon enough, we hear a heartbeat and get to see the baby on the screen. The doctor points it out to us and talks to us about the baby and it's health as well as getting the pictures for us.

"Are you still annoyed at me?" Nathan says as I turn to him and take his hand before kissing it softly and shaking my head.
"That's our baby. We've just seen our baby. How can I still be annoyed after that?" I say as Nathan leans down and kisses me just before the doctor comes back.
"Here's some paper towels so you can wipe the gel away and your pictures are in this envelope right here." The doctor says as we thank him and I wipe the gel off my stomach.

We walk out of the hospital room before making our way to the car.

~~

Once we get home, I sit on the sofa and get out the scan pictures, just looking at my baby. I start to smile before two tears hit the picture.

"Why are you crying?" I hear Nathan ask as he sits beside me.
"I don't know." I say as Nathan wraps his arms round me and kisses my temple.
"Happy tears?" He asks as I nod.
"Happy tears."