Sophia: 7

~4 Years Old~

"Soph, are you ready?" I ask my daughter as she smiles at me and nods.

A year ago, Nathan had gotten married to that Kate girl. They had invited Sophia and I to the wedding but, I couldn't go. I didn't want to go and have my heart broken into 1 million pieces when I look down the aisle and think 'that should be me'. It's not fair on Nathan to remind him how much I wanted to be the bride.

I also met someone. His name is Kaleb and he's really sweet. We met one day when I was taking Sophia to feed the ducks in the park. He was riding his bike and unfortunately fell off his bike. Since then, we've become closer as best friends and then dating. We've now been together for almost 9 months.

"Are we seeing daddy today?" She asks me as I shake my head.
"No, you're seeing daddy while I've got to get some shopping in for your sleepover tonight." I say as we walk to the family centre.
"But I want you to stay here with me mommy. What if daddy brings his wife?" She asks as I pick Sophia up.
"He won't do that, darling. She's got to stay at home with the new baby and daddy knows that if he takes her, he won't be allowed to see you." I say as Sophia nods.
"Okay."

~~

I walk into the family centre holding Sophia's hand as Nathan smiles at me and hugs Sophia, taking her into his arms.

"How's the baby?" I ask as he shrugs.
"He's okay." Nathan says as I nod and smile.
"That's good. Well, I'll be back in half an hour." I say as Nathan frowns.
"You're not staying?" He asks as I shake my head.
"I've got to pick up some snacks for Sophia's sleepover tonight but I'll be here for the second half of the session." I say as Nathan nods.
"Okay. See you later then?" Nathan says as I nod.
"Yeah. Sophia be good for daddy. I'll be back soon." I say as she smiles and picks up some toys for her and Nathan to play with as I leave and go to the shop. 

Once I get to the shop, I pick up a few snacks for Sophia and her friends to have when they arrive. I also pick up a few children friendly DVD's for them to watch before they go to bed. I took the items to the till before noticing something out of the corner of my eye.

Nathan's wife, Kate and another guy were stood kissing while Nathan's son was sleeping in his pushchair. She was cheating on Nathan. I sneakily took a few photos before paying for my shopping and making it back to the family centre in time for the second half.

I walk in as Nathan smiles at me. I don't smile back as he stands up and sits on a chair across from me.

"Nathan, you left me for a dirty whore." I say as he frowns.
"Lettie, I thought we talked about this? You shouldn't call Kate na-" I cut him off as I show him the pictures.
"But I saw this happening today." I say as he just stares at the pictures.
"But, we have a child..." He trails off as I shrug.
"Are you sure he's actually your child. I mean, after seeing these, I would want a DNA test." I say as Nathan sighs and looks at the floor.
"Letitica, you're right." He says as I smile sadly at him, "I'll do one as soon as I can." he says as I nod and we finish the session with Sophia.