Dr. Sykes: 16

I wake up beside Nathan and turn over to face him. I smile and cuddle into his chest as I feel his arms wrap round me and hold me close. I smile and stay pressed against his chest where I felt more safe and protected.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I did move in with him but, was I really ready to do that? Did I want to move in with Nathan? And, how could I be sure that he was 'the one'?

"Nath?" I ask as he hums in response, "Why do you want me to move in with you?" I ask as he opens one of his eyes and smiles before closing it again and holding me closer to him.
"Because I love you and you said yesterday that you wanna spend the rest of your life with me. I want to spend the rest of my life with you too." He says as I smile and look at him.
"I want to move in with you but, I don't know if I'm ready and what about Minnie?" I say as Nathan smiles.
"She can either stay here with your mom or come with us." Nathan says as I sigh.
"But, if she comes with us, what about my mom?" I ask as Nathan shrugs.
"We can't take everyone to my house with us, Lettie. You need to fly the nest sometime." Nathan says as I nod.

What he was saying is true. I do need to leave this place at one point and be on my own but, I'm only 18 and I'm starting college again soon.

I think for a moment and smile.

"Okay, Nathan. I'm gonna move in with you." I say as Nathan opens his eyes and smiles at me.
"Really?" He asks as I nod.
"Yeah. No Minnie, no mom, just you and me. I'll move in with and we'll do this together." I say as He smiles and holds me close, kissing my forehead as he does that.

~~

Once we had gotten dressed, we walked down the stairs before sitting at the kitchen table and talked a little more before I heard someone walk down the stairs. I look round the door to see my mom and smile.

"Morning mom." I say as she smiles, "I have some news." I say as she starts to look worried.
"Letticia, what have I told you about protection?" She says as I look at her confused.
"I'm not pregnant." I say as she apologises and tells me to carry on, "I'm moving in with Nathan." I say as my mom stops what she's doing and just stands dead still.
"You're leaving?" She asks as I nod.
"Yeah." I reply as she turn to me and throws a letter down on the table.
"You might want to read that." She says before going back up the stairs, tears running down her cheeks.

Dear. Mrs. George,
 After running the tests and the scans, we got the results. We're gonna need you in for a CAT scan just to make sure but, you may have  Breast Cancer. There is a 50% chance that you don't have cancer but, we need to make sure. If you do, we're sorry and we will do anything to help you through this difficult time.
Sincerely,
 Dr. Harvey and Nurse Kelly.

I look at Nathan as he frowns in confusion.

"What does it say?" He asks as I look at the letter again
"My mom might have breast cancer." I say as Nathan sighs.
"Shit. I'm so sorry Lettie." Nathan says taking my hands across the table.
"Nathan, this doesn't change my mind about moving in with you. I know she needs me and stuff but, I've already made up my mind. I'm moving in with you." I say as Nathan looks at the letter.
"Lettie, you do understand this isn't a real letter and the date says 2015?" Nathan asks as I look at it, "Lettie, It's 2017. Your mother knew that this day would come in 2015 and faked a letter to try and get you to stay." Nathan says as I crumple the letter in my hand and storm upstairs.

I knock on my mother bedroom door before she opens it.

"You're a liar!" I yell as she looks at me confused, "This letter say 2015! It's a fake! Nathan's a doctor so he should know what these sort of letters look like! It's 2017, Mother!" I yell as she frowns and glares at me.
"Fine. Go with him but, don't come running back to me when he breaks your heart." She says as I glare at her.
"Oh don't worry about that. I won't be coming back. Ever." I say before calling a removal guy for as soon as possible.

I'm done with her.