Dr. Sykes: 28

I open my eyes to a really bright white room. I look around me to see I'm in an empty hospital room. I look around and open the door to the hallway. I walk down the hallway, looking through various windows.

Why am I here? Where's my mom? Where's Nathan?

I frown before walking past a room and seeing myself laid on the bed. I stand outside the window and look into see my mom and Nathan sat beside my bed talking.

Nathan had been crying and so had my mom. They both looked like they hadn't slept in weeks an they were close to crying again.

I walk into the room and listen to the conversation.

"After she'd lost Logan, she wasn't herself. She wouldn't talk to any of us, not even me and if she did it was like a one word answer. Not even a sentence. She hated the attic bedroom but, as soon as she lost Logan, she wouldn't come out of it." Nathan says as my mom looks at her hands.
"Is that where she first experienced that she was miscarrying?" My mom asks as Nathan nods, "She might've been up there because it's where she originally lost Logan. She might feel closer to Logan if she was up there and that's why she stayed up there." My mom adds on as Nathan nods.
"That's what I thought but, wouldn't she hate it more, since she miscarried up there? I know I would." Nathan says as my mom shrugs.
"I had a miscarriage when Letticia was only 2. She wouldn't remember it but, I lost the baby in Letticia's bedroom right after I fed her. I felt closer to the baby I lost in her bedroom so her dad helped me move my bedroom to hers and her bedroom to where ours was." Mom says as Nathan nods.
"I totally get that." Nathan says before looking at my mom as I sit down in the chair on the other side of the room, "Letticia never talks about her dad. What happened?" Nathan asks as my mom sighs.
"I never spoke to Letticia about her dad so, she doesn't even know about it. She was only 3 when it happened. I didn't want to tell her about it but, he was in a serious accident at work. He was working in a factory at the time because we were struggling for money and I had Letticia to look after so, I couldn't work..." My mom starts, "This one day, he went into work and one of the machines broke down. They thought nothing of it at first since it was a minor thing. During the day, since her dad was the handyman, he had to try and fix the machine. A massive fire broke out and Jerry, being a good guy, he helped everyone out first being caught in the fire himself." My mom starts to cry as Nathan hugs her and rubs her back softly.
"He died saving other people." Nathan says as my mom nods.
"Yeah and Lettie is the part of my family I have left. She's the only part of Jerry I have. I can't lose her too." My mom says as I look at my body.
"You won't lose her. She's gonna come back. I promise." Nathan says asI walk up to my body and place my left hand on my right hand.

As my hand touches my body, I feel a shock pulsing through me as I fall doewn and cough. I manage to place my hand back on my body as more and more surges of energy push their way through me before I black out...

~~~~~

My eyes shoot open as I see doctors and nurses surrounding me.

"Okay, she's stable." A nurse says as a few doctors leave, letting one nurse tend to me.
"Lettie?" I hear Nathan's voice as I, painfully, turn my head and smile at him a little, "Hey baby." He says taking my hand as I smile at him.
"Hey." I whisper.
"Are you feeling better?" Nathan asks as I smile.
"I guess so." I say, my voice hoarse from the rope that almost ended my life.
"Good. Don't ever do that again, okay? You scared the hell out of me." Nathan says as I start to remember what happened before I tried to kill myself.
"You locked me in that room. You said it was punishment." I croak as Nathan sighs and looks down.
"I know and I'm really sorry, Lettie. I am really sorry. I know you were only having fun but, I just lost it. I mean, I was so focused and I got upset." Nathan says as I roll my eyes and turn my head away from him, "I'm sorry." He says as I nod a little, unable to move my neck completely.

Should I forgive him?

Should I?