Sophia: 3

~1 Year Later~

It was Sophia's birthday the other day and now she was 1. Her first word was 'daddy' and I couldn't be more proud of her. She said her first word at 9 months old and started to walk at 10. Nathan was away working a lot because his schedule was busy but, any spare time he had, he'd spend it with us and his mom and Jess. He was a family man and I loved that about him.

"Lettie!" I hear Nathan call before the door shuts and Sophia goes running into the hallway.
"Daddy!" I hear her shout as I laugh and walk into the hallway to see Nathan holding his daughter giving her a cuddle.
"Hey baby." He says to her, tickling her slightly as her giggles fill the hallway.
"Hey Nath." I say as He kisses me softly and hands Sophia to me.
"Hey. I came home early." he says as I nod.
"Why?" I ask as he looks at me, faking hurt.
"Do you want me to go back?" He asks as I kiss him.
"Of course not but, why did you come back early?" I ask as he walks into the kitchen with me.
"I had no more appointments this afternoon and I have no extra work so they sent me back." He says as I nod and put the kettle on.

I start to make Sophia some Weetabix before getting out two cups and making two cups of tea. I place the bowl of Weetabix in front of Sophia before finishing the teas and placing them on the table.

Nathan sits across the table from me on his phone as I just keep my eyes on the table and play with the bits that were falling off.

"Lettie, are you okay?" He asks as I nod.
"Yeah, do you remember what day it is tomorrow?" I ask as Nathan nods.
"It's your 20th birthday." Nathan says as I nod.
"And I'm dreading it." I reply as Nathan takes my hand.
"Why?" He asks as I shrug.
"Because these past two years have been the best years of my life as a teenager and I don't want to grow up." I say as Nathan kisses my knuckles.
"No matter if you were turning 20 or 60, I will always love you the same." Nathan says as I smile and he kisses my knuckles again, "My love for you will never end. Never." He tells me as I blush and look down again.
"I love you, Nathan." I say as he smiles at me.
"I love you too beautiful." He says as I look at Sophia, "And I love her too. With all my heart." he says as I smile, just watching my gorgeous daughter eat her Weetabix.
"I love her with all my heart too."