Sophia: 13

~9 years old~

Sophia was now 9 whereas Casper was 4. Casper was now just starting primary school in reception and Sophia was now in year 5. She was almost 10 which means that she's only got 1 year left until she starts secondary school at 11. Nathan and I ended up getting engaged again 3months ago and we were finally happy.

"Babe, are you okay?" Nathan asks as I smile and nod.
"I'm fine. It just gets boring here now the kids are in school and you work a lot." I reply as Nathan places his lips on my forehead.
"I know, baby and I'm sorry. At least I've got today off." Nathan says as I smile again.
"I wish we had more days to just chill." I mumble as Nathan lifts up my head and kisses me softly.
"I love you, Letticia, and I would do anything to have more days like this with you." Nathan says as I kiss him again.
"I know you would."

~~

Once the kids were home from school I made them some tea while Nathan played on his phone. I started thinking about having another baby but not just yet. I know that Nathan doesn't want another yet.

At the same time, I was also thinking about trying to get a job. I saw an ad in the hairdresser's in town but, I know for a fact I won't get the job. I was unable to finish my level 3, hairdressing due to being pregnant and miscarrying before I got pregnant with Sophia.

There is also a on opening at a cake shop, maybe if I practice enough I can make cakes and go for that b but by the time I'd learnt how to cook a cake to perfection, the opening would've been filled.

"Nathan!" I yell as he walks n.
"Yeah?" He asks, wrapping his arms round my waist.
"Help me plate this up." I say as he nods and helps me, "I was thinking about getting a job." I tell him as he nods.
"It'd be good for you, especially since there's nothing to do around here anymore." He says now giving the kids their food before standing next to me at the kitchen counter.
"I know but the only 2 jobs I've seen are the cake one and the hairdressing one and I'm not qualified for either." I say as Nathan smiles.
"You have experience as a receptionist and our doctors surgery needs one. I can get you an application form." He suggests as I shrug.
"That might work, I just need something to do during the day." I say as he nods.
"I'll get you one tomorrow when I go to pick up some paperwork." He says as I nod and clear up after the kids letting Nathan take them for a wash and to bed.

I then sort us some tea out and start thinking again. Nathan's right. I need this job.