Dr. Sykes: 14

I wake up before looking around me to see Nathan beside me, sleeping peacefully. I smile and realise I'm in my underwear and an oversized t-shirt before checking my phone. I see I have at least 5 messages and 4 voicemails.

I choose to read the messages first.

From: Mommabear,
 Lettie, where are you? I thought you were only going on a date. Call me ASAP.

From: Mommabear,
 Please, Letticia, I'm worried sick. Call me or answer your phone.

From: Mommabear,
 Look, Letticia. I know you're happy with Nathan and I respect that. He makes you happy and to be honest, I haven't seen you this happy since you were in Secondary school. You were such a happily little girl and I'm glad that you're happy again. I can accept your relationship since he won't be your doctor soon. Just, let me know that your safe. I love you.

From: Jessica Llama,
 Lettie, guess what?! I'm moving to Gloucester with my fiancé! We're moving and then coming to see you. I want you to be my maid of honour! Call me.
~ Happy Llama x

From: Minnie Moo,
 Lettie, Lettie, Lettie. Can I come stay at yours for a bit, please? Mom is driving me crazy so I've decided to move out and I got nowhere else to go because Loony Llama is moving down to you, Eli has moved in with his boyfriend and Hannah has a baby on the way. Pleeasse.
~ Minnie x

I then listen to the voicemails which were all from my mom and roll my eyes.

To: Jessica Llama,
 Yaay! So glad I get to see you again! Here's my address. I won't be home till tonight but, come over whenever. Miss you lots.
~ Lettie x

To: Minnie Moo,
 Of course you can come to stay Minnie. Are you invited to Jessie's wedding?
~ Lettie x

Once I'd replied, I'd checked on Nathan to see he was still sleeping before I throw on a pair of his joggers and go to make some tea and toast.

By the time it was done, Nathan was just walking down the stairs as I smiled.

"Morning beautiful." He says as I smile and give him a quick kiss.

"Morning Nathan." I reply as we sit to eat and drink our tea.

From: Minnie Moo,
 Yaay! Thanks so much Lettie and yes I have. I'm a bridesmaid. Jealous of you for being maid of honour but, that's cool. See you later. I'll be at your for 5pm.
~ Minnie x

"Who's that?" Nathan asks as I smile.

"Minnie. She's coming to stay at mine for a bit because she wants to get away from her mom and my friend Jessica is getting married so, she asked me to be maid of honour. Obviously I said yes and then at the wedding I will also see Eli and Hannah too." I say as Nathan smiles.

"Awe, babe. I think it's amazing hat you'll be seeing all your friends again. You need it." He says as I smile and hold his hand.

"Of course, I can't go on my own so, will you be my plus one?" I ask as Nathan's eyes light up.

"Of course I will." He replies as I smile.

~~

When I returned home, it was 3pm. I walked through the door and took my shoes off before calling to my mom, only to have her running out of the kitchen and wrapping her arms round me.

"Letticia, why didn't you call?" She asks as I roll my eyes.

"I stayed at Nathan's last night, mom. I didn't call because I was busy sorting stuff out with Nathan today. I had to get him a suit." I say as mom looks at me weirdly.

"What for?" She asks as I sigh.

"Didn't Jessie tell you?" I ask as mom shakes her head, "She's moving down here with her fiancé and she wants me to be her maid of honour and Nathan is gonna be my plus one. Also, Minnie is coming here at 5 because she needs somewhere to live for a while until she finds her own place. Hannah is having a baby and Eli has moved in with his boyfriend which means that Minnie can't stay with them so, she asked me." I say as my mom nods.

"Okay sweetie. Is Nathan not coming in?" She asks as I shake my head.

"No, he just dropped me off and he went home because Minnie is coming and then Minnie will meet him tomorrow." I say as mom nods.

"Okay, go get the spare bedroom sorted then." My mom says kissing my forehead and letting me go sort out the spare room for Minnie.

~~

Once that was done, I waited for Minnie to arrive.

At exactly 5, the doorbell rang as I opened the door.#

"LETTIE!" Minnie screams, hugging me as I laugh and hug her back.

"Hey Minnie Moo." I say as she kisses my cheek and hugs me again.

"I missed you sooooooooooo much." She says as I laugh and hug her harder.

"I missed you too." I reply as I show her to the room she'll be staying in.

To say having Minnie here will be fun is an understatement.