Dr. Sykes: 22

~4th Month~

I smile at Nathan as he concentrates on his work on his computer. I admire his features and smile again before feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket.

From: Mom,
 Hey Lettie, I'm on my way to pick up the scan picture you put aside for me. Do you still have the picture you put aside for Minnie?
 ~ Mom x

To: Mom,
 Yeah, they're both here. I'll get them ready.
~ Lettie x

I smile and leave the office before grabbing the scan pictures for my mom and Minnie. I would've given them sooner but, mom was away and Minnie was visiting her auntie.

I hear a knock on the door as I open it to see my mom and smile before hugging her.

"I got your photos." I say, handing them to her as she smiles.
"Can I feel?" She asks as I nod and smile, letting my mom feel the small baby bump that has formed over the past 4 months, "That's my grandchild..." My mom trails off before hugging me again.
"It's getting big now." I say as mom nods.
"I know and I also know you'll love it with all of your heart." My mom says as I nod.
"I already do." I reply before feeling some arms wrap round my waist.
"Good afternoon, Nathan." My mom says as Nathan smiles.
"Good afternoon." He replies as I smile and lean into him, "Can I borrow Letticia?" He asks as my mom nods.
"I was just about to leave. Thanks Lettie, see you soon." My mom says before leaving as I shut the door.

Nathan pins me against the door and kisses me as I smile and kiss him back.

"You're in a good mood." I say as he smiles and kisses me again.
"I just got an email from the surgery." He says as I nod, "Your doctor has come back early and they don't need me anymore. I'm all yours for the rest of your life." Nathan says as I jump on him and hug him.
"Thank the lord and you're mine anyway. We're engaged, remember?" I say as Nathan kisses me.
"I got an interview at another surgery on Monday." He says as I nod as smile.

Nathan puts me down as I walk into the kitchen and put the kettle on.

"So, we're not illegally in a relationship anymore?" I ask as Nathan shakes his head and wraps his arms round my waist from behind again.
"Nope. Oh, are you gonna get changed? We have to go out to the shops." Nathan says as I nod and run upstairs.

I put on some black skinny jeans and a black crop top. I then walk down stairs and put on some black flats before tying my hair in a half up, half down style. I walk into the kitchen and have a cup of tea before we leave.

~~

Once we get into town, Nathan takes my hand as we grab a trolley and go shopping.

"I didn't ask." Nathan says as I look at him confused, "Why aren't you wearing makeup?" He asks as I smile.
"Why aren't you wearing a cap?" I reply as he smiles.
"Touché." He says as I smile, "Are you trying to show off your pregnancy?" He asks as I nod.
"Of course." I reply as he smiles, "I'm proud of it." I reply as he wraps his arm round my waist, having both of us push the trolley.
"I'm proud of you." Nathan replies as I smile.

"I'm proud of you too."