Dr. Sykes: 29

I had been released from hospital about 3 hours ago and now I was back in mine and Nathan's shared room. I had decided to forgive Nathan, for now but, I honestly wished I could  be on the bed in the attic bedroom. I didn't want to be down here.

"Hey baby. How are you feeling?" Nathan asks walking into the bedroom as I slowly turn my head and smile.
"My necks still really sore." I say as Nathan comes and sits at the edge of the bed, next to where I'm laid.
"It'll get better soon. Is there anything I can get you. Ice pack? Hot water bottle?" Nathan asks as I smile.
"Can I have an ice pack for the back of my neck please?" I ask as Nathan nods and walks into the bathroom, grabbing one of the ice packs from the cupboard above the sink (It's like a freezer cupboard thing).
"Here." He says as I smile, letting him place the ice pack under my neck, "It'll slow the swelling down and hopefully stop it." He says as I smile and take his hand, tangling our fingers together.
"I know that you know about my dad." I say to Nathan as he looks at me.
"What?" He says as I smile.
"It's okay. I know my mom told you about my dad." I say as Nathan looks away from me.
"I don't know what you're talking about." He says as I grip onto his hand.
"You do, Nathan. When I stopped breathing, I could see you and my mom in my hospital room and I heard you guys talking about my dad." I say as Nathan looks down, "I didn't really know him so, I don't exactly know what to say about him. That's why I've ever mentioned him before." I say as Nathan smiles sympathetically at me.
"I can't exactly say that I know how you feel because, I have no idea what it's like to grow up without a dad. I mean, my dad and my mom split when I was 8 but, I still saw my dad so, I can't say that I know how you feel." Nathan says as I shrug.
"It's okay, Nathan. I don't expect you to know how it feels." I say as he leans down and kisses me softly.
"Now, you need to rest." Nathan says, coming to lay beside me as I smile and close my eyes.
"I love you, Nathan." I say as I feel his lips press against my temple.
"I love you too, princess." 

~4 months later~

I stand and look at myself in the full length mirror, turning to the side to see a tiny bump. Let me just explain that Nathan and I tried again for another baby a couple weeks after I recovered from my suicide attempt and let's just say, it worked.

This time, Nathan and I are gonna be extra cautious and hopefully this one goes well.

Hopefully.