Chapter 46

Suggested song: "When you're gone" and "Over and Done"
By:Avril Lavigne and Amaranthe

Just because I love these songs.

Word count: 3929

Lenore

I could only glare at Colin as he spilled out the words.

"Tell me what?" Finn asked with a raised brow. "Lenore has to tell me what?"

"T-That she—" Colin glanced at me, swallowing hard at the look that I was giving him. "She-She—"

"Just fućking tell me! What are you waiting for?" my mate snapped.

I shook my head at Colin. "Colin, no."

Colin sighed. "Lenore is—"

I cut him off by yelling, "That I'm still in love with you!"

My eyes widened instantly at my own words, shocked.

Shit.

Finn's focused snapped to mine in shock. "What?"

Goddamnit, I'm an idiot.

"Yeah, I'm like super duper in love with you. That it's crazy even. You're like the butter to my bread. The jam to my peanut butter. The banana to my smoothie. The last thing I think about at night, the first thing I think about in the morning!" I exclaimed dramatically.

Finn only stared at me. "Really? You love me?" he asked with the brightest smile ever.

Yes.

Or I don't know.

Damnit.

"I thought it was obvious," I muttered while standing up. "But I think so, yeah. I mean if we walk away from this normally then I think I might be able to put all of this behind us so we can move on. Of course if you're willing to do that too."

Finn could only stare at me as I took steps towards him.

"If there is a part of you that still wants to have a life with me then I believe that I can want that too." I grabbed his hands in mine, not even caring about the gun that he was still holding. "You're my mate, my future and it's the same way the other way also. So, if I can forgive you then do you think there is a possibility that we can move on?"

"I-I—" he struggled to come up with an answer while staring down at our joined hands.

Moving our hands to my mouth before placing a kiss to his knuckles. "I think you can. And I think that you can put this behind so we can go have a life together. So lets just get the hell away from this place, move far away and start a family of our own. You know, have some cute little babies, mate like 24/7 and just be happy."

"You could really do that? Do you really still want to be with me even after everything that I've done to hurt you?"

I blew out a breath, squeezing his hands tightly. "You're my mate, Finn. Of course I might never truly forget everything that you did, but I can understand why you did all of those things. So yeah, I still do want to be with you, but only if you promise that you will never do any of those things again. So can you? Can you promise me that?"

"I-I—" His eyes shifted from me to the others, around the room before he squeezed his eyes shut. My heart broke at his next words. "I can't."

Then he stepped back, making my hands drop out of his, to my side.